Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Something like this!

Teacher: Morning class, have you all finished your history assignments?

Class: Yes miss

Teacher: I didn't see (redneck in the corner) you speak.

Redneck:I'm sick Miss

Teacher: Sicko!

Redneck: No miss i've got a bad tummy.........

Teacher: can't hear that ..you are a sicko

Scene plays out: !!!!!!!

Slight alteration

Alternatively job interview for a teacher

Any teaching experience?
No Sir, ..but I was in the army.
The jobs yours

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So it transpires there was an armed and trained police officer on site when the shooting happened and he didn't intervene, yet Trump believes that giving teachers guns will ensure they stop these killings early.

----------------
An armed officer assigned to the Florida school where a gunman killed 17 people last week stood outside the building during the shooting and did not intervene, the local sheriff says.

Deputy Scot Peterson has resigned after being suspended, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

"I am devastated. Sick to my stomach. He never went in," Sheriff Israel said.

Sheriff Israel said Mr Peterson was on campus, armed and in uniform when the shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School campus in Parkland began.

He said video footage showed Mr Peterson arriving at the building where the shooting was taking place about 90 seconds after the first shots were fired and that he remained outside for about four minutes. The attack lasted six minutes, Sheriff Israel said.

Asked what Mr Peterson should have done, Sheriff Israel said: "Went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."

Yes, I've just read that.

Also - Israel said he had decided on the basis of his review of the video to suspend Peterson, but the deputy resigned first.

The sheriff said two other deputies have been placed on restricted duty pending an internal investigation into whether they properly handled two telephone tips, received in 2016 and 2017, warning that Cruz might be inclined to commit a school shooting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So a firearm -trained officer with a gun didn't manage to stop the attack.....but we expect Janet Blakowski, a 55 year old geography teacher from Minnesota to "take down" the gunman.
Righto.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
So a firearm -trained officer with a gun didn't manage to stop the attack.....but we expect Janet Blakowski, a 55 year old geography teacher from Minnesota to "take down" the gunman.
Righto.

Don't be deliberately stupid. She'll have to watch the Die Hard films first, then she's qualified.

One thing a school shooting event needs is more random people with guns, I'm sure the SWAT team of police response team will be glad of it and immediately be able to tell the difference. And of course if you're the shooter you certainly won't look to take that person out first because you know who they are.

Finally, being killed by someone with a gun is usually how school shooters go out, exactly how this is meant to put any would be shooters off is not clear.

"I was going to go into school today and take the place out before dying in a blaze of glory, but the possibility of somehow being shot by Ms Blakowski has just, well ruined it for me"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
one of the ironies about all of this is that the NRA would prefer a democrat in charge, Obama was their best salesman as they were able to sell the fear of guns being outlawed. Since Trump got in sales have fallen through the floor, does make me wonder if any of his strong talk is simply them asking to put a bit of fear about the place so sales increase.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Trump says the school deputy did a poor job, and schools should not be gun free zones.

****ING HELL!

After the shooting one of the responses was the 'good guy with a gun' argument, this went slightly awry when it was revealed that the deputy had been there but did nothing. Next step for the NRA was always to blame the deputy, rather than realising a single chap with a handgun might not immediately negate a lunatic who is far better armed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So it transpires there was an armed and trained police officer on site when the shooting happened and he didn't intervene, yet Trump believes that giving teachers guns will ensure they stop these killings early.

----------------
An armed officer assigned to the Florida school where a gunman killed 17 people last week stood outside the building during the shooting and did not intervene, the local sheriff says.

Deputy Scot Peterson has resigned after being suspended, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

"I am devastated. Sick to my stomach. He never went in," Sheriff Israel said.

Sheriff Israel said Mr Peterson was on campus, armed and in uniform when the shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School campus in Parkland began.

He said video footage showed Mr Peterson arriving at the building where the shooting was taking place about 90 seconds after the first shots were fired and that he remained outside for about four minutes. The attack lasted six minutes, Sheriff Israel said.

Asked what Mr Peterson should have done, Sheriff Israel said: "Went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."

That is truly shocking

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mr Peterson is a gift from heaven for Mr Trump and his gun loving buddies

Do we know why he spent 4 minutes outside after arriving? Could be a legitimate reason. I must admit I’m deeply suspicious of anything Trump and his cronies say.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mr Trump said Mr Peterson was a "coward" who "didn't react properly under the pressure"

"He trained his whole life but when it came time to do something he didn't have the courage," Mr Trump told reporters outside the White House on Friday

OH **** OFF DONALD. So you HIGHLIGHT the fact that this guy had "trained his whole life" but had a courage issue...........yet you want to train up TEACHERS and expect them to have the "courage" to take on a gunman. He really is a piece of shit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mr Trump said Mr Peterson was a "coward" who "didn't react properly under the pressure"

"He trained his whole life but when it came time to do something he didn't have the courage," Mr Trump told reporters outside the White House on Friday

OH **** OFF DONALD. So you HIGHLIGHT the fact that this guy had "trained his whole life" but had a courage issue...........yet you want to train up TEACHERS and expect them to have the "courage" to take on a gunman. He really is a piece of shit.

Unbelievable. He is absolute scum, do we really have 4 more years of this utter cretin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unbelievable. He is absolute scum, do we really have 4 more years of this utter cretin.

Maybe the gun problem will work in our favour one day?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is what school kids in New York will be doing in March

AM NY 23 FEB.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here