Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dear Lord. What an utter nutjob. Can you imagine how long suffering his wife must have been.

Sadly plenty more like him in America. They probably have more arms than some third world countries. It's ok though because they have the antiquated 2nd amendment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sadly it will never go away. Majority of Americans just love guns and the government doesn't have the backbone to address it
Not so sure about this. I posted a link earlier that suggested polls indicated that 74% of NRA members were pro tighter gun control. Saw the same in a documentary recently. If we step back from the hyperbole of taking guns off law abiding citizens and talk about making it take a little longer to get guns because we need to check if you have a history of violence, mental health problems or a violent criminal record then people are on board. Except the NRA! which begs the question : who are they representing?

83% of gun owners support background checks

https://www.americanprogress.org/pr...hecks-see-nra-as-out-of-touch-new-poll-finds/

Sixty-seven percent of gun owners polled said they either strongly or somewhat agree that the NRA has shifted from an organization dedicated to gun safety to one “overtaken by lobbyists and the interests of gun manufacturers and lost its original purpose and mission.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/poll-gun-owners-nra-237564

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It will take many generations and decades to reduce gun numbers in the US to a safe level. Probably best to get started now.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
If I moved to the US, would I buy a gun? Not sure, but I know I would be tempted - and there in lies the problem they have. They should try and do something though. Trump needn't have bothered mourning - should have chucked up some boiler plate text - would have been more sincere. No one needs more than 1. No one needs an automatic..... why do they continue to sell them to each other? Place is nuts.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What the hell, if you didn't watch this last time (or the time before) you MUST watch this, and you MUST watch the whole 5 minute film:-

:ohmy:

This guy is unbelievable. He was actually LAUGHING about the Las Vegas massacre. He also didn't seem to be bothered about the explosion which killed his wife. In fact he seemed pissed off it meant they cancelled the documentary.

I guess every country has their nutcases. Unfortunately America's ones can buy an arsenal of automatic weapons.

I love how they say it would be unconstitutional to ban guns, going against the second amendment. It's funny, the 18th amendment was the prohibition of alcohol. They didn't seem to have an issue creating the 21st amendment to repeal the 18th amendment.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is always a good watch on this subject.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Florida shooting: Leader of white nationalist group confirms suspect was member of his organisation - The Independenthttps://apple.news/AnXbjVX1OTDiFe66rUApzIg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Home grown terrorist'. ?????
Pissed off idiot with access to guns deciding he can make a name for himself by killing people.
....people will remember me .... If I kill people.
JOHN 11:35

.....thoughts and prayers ......

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Referring to somebody who has access to weapons and one day decides to use them to kill children as 'a terrorist' is weapons grade bollocks.
They are a sick, ****ed up lunatic ..... who had access to weapons.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If I moved to the US, would I buy a gun? Not sure, but I know I would be tempted - and there in lies the problem they have. They should try and do something though. Trump needn't have bothered mourning - should have chucked up some boiler plate text - would have been more sincere. No one needs more than 1. No one needs an automatic..... why do they continue to sell them to each other? Place is nuts.

I bought a gun when i was there, well two actually. But i love shooting( targets not wildlife), every time im there i meet up with friends and we all go out to farmland or a club for a long session. Most of them are military or ex military and its more of a sport thing and a general interest in fire arms for them, rather than protection.
My sister has a handgun for protection that she keeps locked in her walk in, the intention being if there ever was a "home invasion" that is where she would retreat to and scream out warnings.......well thats the plan anyway.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What the hell, if you didn't watch this last time (or the time before) you MUST watch this, and you MUST watch the whole 5 minute film:-

Another to add to the list of people who definitely have a smaller penis than me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Inside Edition from Thursday
Teachers with guns, guns in cases to resemble bibles........all in a normal day in school.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Inside Edition from Thursday
Teachers with guns, guns in cases to resemble bibles........all in a normal day in school.

How on earth this has become normal, or 'the world we now live in'?

I know we are outside the states and I have little idea of how ingrained guns are in their culture but it just seems incredible that this is the chosen solution to the school shooting problem.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Smith & Wesson share price increased by 3.2% immediately after the shooting as investors took the view that gun sales would increase as consumers would buy more guns in case snowflakes pushed through control legislation.

Smith & Wesson changed its name to Outdoor Brands Group 12 months ago due to negative publicity of being associated with mass killings.

Those of you wanting more controls should realise there’s no time for dreams when commerce calls. The Outdoor Brands Group has a duty towards its stockholders, and whilst it doesn’t condone mass shootings of course, sometimes there’s collateral damage.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Smith & Wesson share price increased by 3.2% immediately after the shooting as investors took the view that gun sales would increase as consumers would buy more guns in case snowflakes pushed through control legislation.

Smith & Wesson changed its name to Outdoor Brands Group 12 months ago due to negative publicity of being associated with mass killings.

Those of you wanting more controls should realise there’s no time for dreams when commerce calls. The Outdoor Brands Group has a duty towards its stockholders, and whilst it doesn’t condone mass shootings of course, sometimes there’s collateral damage.

This is the nub. Profit wins hand down and to protect that profit a lot of money is invested in the legislature.

The NRA claim they are the oldest civil rights movement but it's difficult to talk of an organization that effectively campaigns for the right to kill with one that, for instance, campaigned for the right to sit anywhere you like on a bus!!

They want to overturn the ban on silencers (in place since the days of Roosevelt) with an a bill called 'The Hearing Protection Act'. You couldn't make it up. Must be an infringement of human rights that someone who goes around blasting innocent people could end up with hearing problems.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No matter how you dress it up, or make any excuses for it. Eight school shootings since the beginning of the year is ****ing ridiculous.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is the nub. Profit wins hand down and to protect that profit a lot of money is invested in the legislature.

The NRA claim they are the oldest civil rights movement but it's difficult to talk of an organization that effectively campaigns for the right to kill with one that, for instance, campaigned for the right to sit anywhere you like on a bus!!

They want to overturn the ban on silencers (in place since the days of Roosevelt) with an a bill called 'The Hearing Protection Act'. You couldn't make it up. Must be an infringement of human rights that someone who goes around blasting innocent people could end up with hearing problems.

The NRA now appear to be the lobby group for the gun industry. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Hurts your head the stupidity you read from the pro gun side.

America has a massive problem (understatement) and they need to change. It will probably take decades, but they need to start sometime.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The NRA now appear to be the lobby group for the gun industry. The whole thing is ridiculous.

They always have been but the call themselves civil rights organisation because they are protecting just one right which they believe is granted under the 2nd amendment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here