Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.

Not giving women the vote worked for a very long time. As did having slaves. Let's go back to those times eh ?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The British Olympic diver and his husband Dustin Lance Black shared the news on social media.

There is no way gay people should be permitted to have children by whatever bizarre means they acquire them. The incontrovertible fact is that it takes a male and a female to produce babies. If you don't wish to participate in that activity because you prefer your own sex, then hard bloody luck. Guess what? No babies. Can't have it both ways. Heterosexual ... OK you can have kids. Homosexual ... sorry, you can't.

And the guy isn't his "husband", he's his gay partner.

Mate I think you live in the wrong town. Support the wrong club. Live on the wrong planet. In the wrong century.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am glad that you have not witnessed any bullying but to say it doesn’t occur is just burying your head in the sand.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/sites/default/files/including_different_families_lo.pdf

Children from different families can also experience direct bullying. One in ten teachers report that they witness pupils being bullied because their parents are gay. This type of bullying often goes unchallenged in schools.

Sometimes they say ... you know, everybody’s got a dad, he must be dead, or something. I say no, he’s not dead. Well he’s not there, he’s never been there. All I’ve got is a donor dad and sometimes I get teased by them calling my dad a donor dad, donut dad. Mark 8 (London)

I would get people coming up to me and saying, your mum’s gay. And I was like – it started to get to me because I realised then it wasn’t normal,it was different. I sort of felt picked on and the amount of times I went to see the teachers and they said, just ignore them, they’ll get bored. They never did get bored. Sacha 19 (Yorkshire)

Well a boy in Year 6 came up to me and said have you got a dad? And I said ... I was quite afraid to say it, and I said no. And he said well that’s stupid isn’t it, and I was like ... no. He said yes it is, and he started ... he tried to chase me and he got me once and he kicked me. Alisha 7 (East Anglia)

I was bullied in a similar way in the 50s because I was the only one with divorced parents.

having a baby with your partner means they are DNA related to you, like all animals raising a child.. 2 gay people raising a child is like a Frankenstien film.

Either Tom or Duncan will be related by DNA. That's no different from a straight couple using an egg donation in IVF.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I hate Tom Daley - he's good looking, talented, tv star and represented his country. He is subsequently well liked and wealthy. This has allowed him to find love with an equally horrible chap who also has lots of attributes I am jealous of. They have the audacity to get married, have a loving stable relationship and now want a child.

If you cannot see what is just a little bit odd about the above then you really are.............well, a bit too modern. If that makes me a dinosaur then so be it, I am happy to have at least a modicum of commonsense.

Awaits a flaming from a variety of numpties but really couldn't give a monkeys on this topic.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Is the OP an attention seeker? Or just being a tad silly? If not then what a lovely visit this is back to the dark ages.

Stick this **** of a thread in the bin along with the OP. Thankfully, he or she is in a very, very tiny minority who can largely be laughed at or better still, ignored.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All a baby wants and needs are caring and loving parents. Good luck to them

D

Deleted member 22389

Why don't YOU get off that dangerously high horse that you are on? 'Just admit that you are homophobic'? 'Vile prejudices'? I have very good, CLOSE, friends that are gay who I would not, and have not, patronised by saying that I am comfortable with gay couples intentionally planning to have children in some way shape or form. You must be the epitomy of modern Nazism if you believe that everybody has to agree with your opinions and if they don't you will abuse and ridicule them.

I'm glad we live in tolerant country, but I just can't stand the way everybody now has to agree with everything, and if you don't your labelled. Your post is spot on.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Family_according_to_Batman_9buz.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All a baby wants and needs are caring and loving parents. Good luck to them

Correct, but I d have a couple of questions.

Who is the mother, and what involvement do they have, other than carrying the baby for 9 months. Are they involved after the birth?

Who is the father - or did they toss for it?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've read some horrific comments on here before that have been disgusting but the beginning of the thread is up there with the very worst. I didn't realise there were still so many homophobic bellends still around. They should be ashamed of themselves. Fortunately on NSC, as with everything, the good outweighs the bad and there's been some nice posts as well.

Just wanted to wish Tom and his husband all the best and I'm sure they'll be amazing parents. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

Correct, but I d have a couple of questions.

Who is the mother, and what involvement do they have, other than carrying the baby for 9 months. Are they involved after the birth?

Who is the father - or did they toss for it?

I'm sure the baby would need to stay with the mother for a couple of years at least?

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here