Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I tried looking for this on IPlayer but it's not available now, nor on YouTube, but this was one of the most moving programmes I'd seen. A gay couple adopted children, but not only adopted them, they specifically adopted older children who had special needs.

A same sex couple labelled 'superheroes' after they adopted four vulnerable children with severe medical needs saw their bungalow replaced with a state-of-the-art five-bedroom home in a heart-warming TV show.Garry and Kyle Ratcliffe, from Sheppey, Kent, adopted Haydn, 13, who has cerebral palsy; Bella, 11, who has Down's Syndrome; Curtis, six, who is severely epileptic, blind and has cerebral palsy, and Bella's sister Phoebe, six, who is physically healthy but suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.The family had been living in a cramped three-bedroom bungalow, full to the brim of medical supplies and room for little else.Nick Knowles and the DIY SOS team come to their rescue by knocking down the tiny house and building a completely new five-bedroom home from scratch in just nine days

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a depressing bunch of utter moronic twats there are on this forum. Fortunately outnumbered by people with a brain. It's the usual suspects spouting their ignorant bile, the only positive being that their bullshit is so easily shot down.

The OP and his supporters are c***s. Thick, bigoted, dinosaur c***s. An embarrassment to this board, the football club that they support and humanity in general. Just **** off.

You do yourself no good by slating and abusing people with differing views, attempt to educate or reason but please don't lower yourself as you end up losing.

Unfortunately in the current threads where people disagree, especially political, end up as a pathetic Neanderthal slanging match, with no proper discussion.

People do have differing views just because they may not sit right with you doesn't mean they can't be heard.

Apart from that I agree with you

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree with that, but the kid doesn't start off at a disadvantage by having two "fathers" or two "mothers".

Plenty of single parents mate, better to have two dads I would think?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I start by sending my congratulations to the couple...
But...
BBC news, and I quote "British Olympic diver Tom Daley has announced he is expecting a baby with his husband, US film director Dustin Lance Black", sorry, 'expecting a baby'? Since when can men have babies?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
Great news congratulations to Tom and his partner hate reading the negative crap on this issue I think its great if same sex couples want to bring up a child

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.

Just going into see my 13 year old adopted daughter before she falls asleep as she is not well, i wont be pretending to love her, i will mean it.
I can only hope you wake up a better person in the morning, my daughter has a bit of a cold, but you sir are truly the sick one.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
they are married so they are husbands. That is a matter of law, you are wrong. Is your opinion is that it takes a male and female to bring up Children, if so what about single mothers or fathers ,are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to have children.If not then what is your objection to two males bringing up children, if you are ok with a single male doing it. How do you know the child wasn't conceived "naturally"., and if so what is your objection?
Please put some substance on why they shouldn't be allowed to do this, with some well thought out valid reasoning, or you just appear a complete bigoted homophobic idiot, which I am sure you aren't.

:laugh:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I hate Tom Daley - he's good looking, talented, tv star and represented his country. He is subsequently well liked and wealthy. This has allowed him to find love with an equally horrible chap who also has lots of attributes I am jealous of. They have the audacity to get married, have a loving stable relationship and now want a child. No doubt they will love and care for this poor poor child throughout its life and with their contacts, money and privileges raise them well. What a mess. I blame society for this failing. They should all be shot.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not the kind of person who bullies people. Never have, never will. But the fact is that such kids are more likely to get bullied than kids from a two parent (one of each sex) family. Growing up is tough enough anyway for many kids. Why make life even tougher for them by forcing a "two father" disadvantage on them?

FFS, kids who had mixed parents used to get bullied so should we say to them do not have mixed race kids cause they may get bullied. If children from gay couples do get bullied then then only ones in the wrong are the idiot bullies like yourselves, not the child.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck to Tom and his partner. I hope they can prove to be good role models of same sex married parents.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This is a car crash of a thread. Some people need to realise that we are a progressive society and get with the times. That, or work on a time machine so they can head back to the 50's.

Good luck to Tom & his husband - it doesn't affect my life in any way so I have no right to complain about what they do in their life. I'm sure they'll do all they can to give the child the best opportunities and upbringing they can.

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I normally agree that there’s little value in feeding the trolls but feel it’s important to call out regressive bigotry expressed by a minority on here. These individuals seem to consider the belief that we should treat people equally regardless of sexual orientation as a ‘point of view’ rather than a fundamental and basic human right.

Even if you don’t believe that we’re all equal, consider the harm principle “that no one should be forcibly prevented from acting in any way he chooses provided his acts are not invasive of the free acts of others". If it doesn’t impact you or your life then why have a problem with it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Err, your source could not really be accused of being unbiased now could it?

Yeah, Cambridge University that establishment with a worldwide reputation for shoddy research.:facepalm:

Jeez, you really do get some dumb statements on NSC sometimes.

As it happens, I know this particular bit of research well as our family were interviewed for it. I know how thorough the questioning was and I've read the full report. But even if I didn't know that, I would generally accept research from Cambridge University as pretty kosher.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That's just not true. I know several kids with gay parents and have been to many social gatherings where there a lots of kids present. My kids are adopted and go to plenty of events arranged for adoptive kids - in Brighton, that means a lot of gay couples. I have never once seen a child picked on or taunted because his or her parents are gay ... not once.

One of my own relatives is the child of a gay parent and they had a happy childhood with lots of friends.

And my anecdotal experience is backed up by research - "Issues raised in the debate included concerns that children adopted by same-sex couples would face bullying from peers and worries that children’s own gender identity might be skewed by being raised by parents of the same sex. Responses from the same-sex parents, adopted children themselves and the children’s teachers indicates that these issues do not appear to be a significant problem."

I am glad that you have not witnessed any bullying but to say it doesn’t occur is just burying your head in the sand.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/sites/default/files/including_different_families_lo.pdf

Children from different families can also experience direct bullying. One in ten teachers report that they witness pupils being bullied because their parents are gay. This type of bullying often goes unchallenged in schools.

Sometimes they say ... you know, everybody’s got a dad, he must be dead, or something. I say no, he’s not dead. Well he’s not there, he’s never been there. All I’ve got is a donor dad and sometimes I get teased by them calling my dad a donor dad, donut dad. Mark 8 (London)

I would get people coming up to me and saying, your mum’s gay. And I was like – it started to get to me because I realised then it wasn’t normal,it was different. I sort of felt picked on and the amount of times I went to see the teachers and they said, just ignore them, they’ll get bored. They never did get bored. Sacha 19 (Yorkshire)

Well a boy in Year 6 came up to me and said have you got a dad? And I said ... I was quite afraid to say it, and I said no. And he said well that’s stupid isn’t it, and I was like ... no. He said yes it is, and he started ... he tried to chase me and he got me once and he kicked me. Alisha 7 (East Anglia)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You do yourself no good by slating and abusing people with differing views, attempt to educate or reason but please don't lower yourself as you end up losing.

Unfortunately in the current threads where people disagree, especially political, end up as a pathetic Neanderthal slanging match, with no proper discussion.

People do have differing views just because they may not sit right with you doesn't mean they can't be heard.

Apart from that I agree with you

I was being restrained.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If it's a boy, he'd be the Daley Male.

With Dustin and Tom being busy chaps, his arrival may necessitate the appointment of a full-time domestic support as the Daley Male Guardian.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And you my friend are obviously an extremely unpleasant individual. Unable to criticise without the most depressing childish swearing. You highlight a real problem this country has at present, the inability of far too many people to accept the fact that others are permitted to have their own opinions. You are quite likely the kind of person who threatens politicians from the party you don't support.

Aw, little snowflake can't cope with a bit of swearing. But you're ok to spout your nasty homophobic crap. That's ok is it?

I'm perfectly comfortable with calling you out on being a **** because of what you posted. I'd say it to your face. Anyone with views like yours is a bit backward. Most would discuss such things with their like-minded, bigoted friends and maybe with other people who would either shake their heads and walk away or tell you what they thought.

But you chose to start a thread on a public forum to state that you think that way. Then you get all prissy because almost everyone finds your views offensive. Why post it in the first place? You wanted a reaction or you're just extremely stupid.

So either way, you're a ****. It's not complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here