Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli cee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's great
    Then what is your problem with two men adopting a child?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.
      Marriage, within modern religion, was more of a financial arrangement. Most of us don't uphold that sentiment now. Just as many people now don't uphold the sentiment it has to between opposite genders. Times move on and marriage, along with many other institutions and beliefs , has moved on too. I applaud that. Many don't. ''twas ever thus.
      Nearly.

0 Not allowed!
      I think it's fine. There must be many gay babies looking for a good home, so why not just give them one of them (no pun intended) . It seems so obvious that I can can't believe nobody else has thought of it. Makes you wonder why I'm not faring better on the most sensible poster thread.

In all seriousness, best of luck to them.

2 Not allowed!
      Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.
      42% of marriages end in divorce. Maybe married couples should do some form of compatibility test before they are allowed to procreate. You could give them a baby licence if they pass
      I'm in the mood for ska

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
      How many pages?
      6 pages in half hour and we are off to a flier....
      Its not how big the dog is in the fight,its how big the fight is in the dog.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaville View Post
      42% of marriages end in divorce. Maybe married couples you should do some form of compatibility test before they are allowed to procreate. You could give them a baby licence if they pass
      That is also a very good idea.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightn'ove View Post
      Then what is your problem with two men adopting a child?
      I see it as a life choice, a child should have the chance of growing up with a mother and father, (although I know this obviously doesn't always work), but it's the way the animal kingdom works.

0 Not allowed!
      That is also a very good idea.
      Nah! You’re definitely on a fishing trip
      I'm in the mood for ska

2 Not allowed!

"pretend to be its parents"? - by that logic people who adopt children are only pretending to be parents. I think parents are the ones who bring up the child. In all likelihood one of the pair is the biological father.
      your definition of marriage is NOT the legal definition so you are as wrong as the OP, unless you are meaning the catholic definition, in which case you contradict you not religious statement.

7 Not allowed!
      Amazing that the swivel eyed right wing loonies pop up with their bigoted views again