Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Having been on the wrong side of majority opinion a couple of times recently on NSC, I am starting to feel like a diversity of opinions is actually no longer very welcome.

I've sat here reading through this thread, and having come to the end of the thread I actually don't feel like posting an opinion on this subject because of the abuse I will get for it.

I don't think I've ever felt that way about posting on here before.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The British Olympic diver and his husband Dustin Lance Black shared the news on social media.

There is no way gay people should be permitted to have children by whatever bizarre means they acquire them. The incontrovertible fact is that it takes a male and a female to produce babies. If you don't wish to participate in that activity because you prefer your own sex, then hard bloody luck. Guess what? No babies. Can't have it both ways. Heterosexual ... OK you can have kids. Homosexual ... sorry, you can't.

And the guy isn't his "husband", he's his gay partner.

I assume this is a wind-up. No wonder there are no "out" gay footballers if anyone has these outdated homophobic views. I thought this was a more enlightened time, but maybe not.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Having been on the wrong side of majority opinion a couple of times recently on NSC, I am starting to feel like a diversity of opinions is actually no longer very welcome.

I've sat here reading through this thread, and having come to the end of the thread I actually don't feel like posting an opinion on this subject because of the abuse I will get for it.

Oh come now, precious snowflake :laugh:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bringing up children is a real challenge for anyone who takes that job seriously. Nobody should ever undertake that responsibility lightly.

It takes time, effort, money, commitment, heartache when they are sick, elation when they do something unexpectedly well, but most of all it takes love. The kind of love that means getting up early on a Sunday morning to take them to football practice when you'd rather sleep in, the kind of love that is going to see the teacher to defend them when they misbehave, or to stand in front of them when the inevitable bullies come calling. The kind of love that teaches them right from wrong to correct their behaviour when it needs correcting, not just letting them get away with stuff because you cannot be bothered to deal with it

None of the above has anything whatsoever to do with anyone's sexual orientation.

Get over yourself

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bringing up children is a real challenge for anyone who takes that job seriously. Nobody should ever undertake that responsibility lightly.

It takes time, effort, money, commitment, heartache when they are sick, elation when they do something unexpectedly well, but most of all it takes love. The kind of love that means getting up early on a Sunday morning to take them to football practice when you'd rather sleep in, the kind of love that is going to see the teacher to defend them when they misbehave, or to stand in front of them when the inevitable bullies come calling. The kind of love that teaches them right from wrong to correct their behaviour when it needs correcting, not just letting them get away with stuff because you cannot be bothered to.

None of the above has anything whatsoever to do with anyone's sexual orientation.

Get over yourself

Precisely. Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A wise and compassionate society always comes to the aid of children in motherless or fatherless families, but a wise and compassionate society never intentionally subjects children to such families. But every single same-sex home would do exactly that, for no other reason than that a small handful of adults desire such kinds of families.

There is no research indicating such homes will be good for children. In fact the data show us that the family experimentation we have subjected children to over the past 30 years has all failed to improve human well-being in any important way. What makes us think more of it will make the situation any better? It will only make life for our children dramatically worse.

Are Children with Same-Sex Parents at a Disadvantage? http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/are-children-with-same-sex-parents-at-a-disadvantage/

It is Unethical To Subject Children To an Untested Social Experiment

https://youtu.be/sFBOQzSk14c

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

But you still made sure we all knew how emotional you felt. Hmmm

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Not a fan of same sex marriages and certainly not of same sex couples adopting. Everyone will be judged at the end. If God feels that it's a sin, then those sinners will burn in Hell.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A wise and compassionate society always comes to the aid of children in motherless or fatherless families, but a wise and compassionate society never intentionally subjects children to such families. But every single same-sex home would do exactly that, for no other reason than that a small handful of adults desire such kinds of families.

There is no research indicating such homes will be good for children. In fact the data show us that the family experimentation we have subjected children to over the past 30 years has all failed to improve human well-being in any important way. What makes us think more of it will make the situation any better? It will only make life for our children dramatically worse.

Are Children with Same-Sex Parents at a Disadvantage? http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/are-children-with-same-sex-parents-at-a-disadvantage/

It is Unethical To Subject Children To an Untested Social Experiment

Another paragraph from that American study

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the leading medical organization to make such a statement, and which most other organizations followed, simply said, “a growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual.”

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have no problem with it at all.but one thing i have noticed is my son of 8 and his friends see it as something not nasty but as a sort of mickey take already at there age.one of the boys in there class has 2 mums which my son has never or passed judgement about and is friends with the lad.just seems that its still not seen as normal even in this day and age.i think its the same as racism something that will always be there

Racism and homophobia are learned behaviours. If your son and his mates are curious about other types of families, brilliant. If they're taking the mick it's learned behaviour. Someone taught them this behaviour. Probably someone close to your son and his mates.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not a fan of same sex marriages and certainly not of same sex couples adopting. Everyone will be judged at the end. If God feels that it's a sin, then those sinners will burn in Hell.

Telling lies is a sin, living together without being married is a sin, sex outside of marriage ie adultery is a sin, ignoring God is a sin. Fortunately for us humans sins can be forgiven.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
If you cannot see what is just a little bit odd about the above then you really are.............well, a bit too modern. If that makes me a dinosaur then so be it, I am happy to have at least a modicum of commonsense.

Awaits a flaming from a variety of numpties but really couldn't give a monkeys on this topic.

I don't think I am modern or otherwise. I just think that a stable couple with sufficient funds want a child and good luck to them. I am in a stable relationship and got to a certain age with enough money to have a child myself.

I also don't see the issue with them being both male. you cant help who you fancy. I am in love with my wife which is obviously a bonus but ex partners have looked different, hair colour, size, attitude etc.

"yeah but they didn't have a dick did they?" I hear you ask. No they didnt but so what? its ultimately about companionship, relationship and compatibility and if you find some one that can give you that then surely thats the goal.

Tom Daley is exceptionally good looking with an incredible body. I don't think that as issue. I don't fancy him personally but I expect many do - both male and female - lucky boy. And now he is love and having a kid. very luck boy.

I wish everyone was so lucky. There is too much crap in the world.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I actually use threads like this on NSC to help form opinions. I guess something like this, I've never thought about hugely in too much depth. I can see both points and I admittedly love to sit on a fence... but at least I can admit I use others' points and opinions to validate/create my own.

My one worry in this topic is bullying and I'd like to think society has moved on so our next generation wouldn't pick on a poor kid for having to have 2 same sex parents.

I do think sometimes it's best to look at the adoption and fostering route if you can't biologically have kids for one reason or another as it's helping hugely disadvantaged or those who've had bad luck people out.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Correct, but I d have a couple of questions.

Who is the mother, and what involvement do they have, other than carrying the baby for 9 months. Are they involved after the birth?

Who is the father - or did they toss for it?

You'd think at least one of them tossed for it.....

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Telling lies is a sin, living together without being married is a sin, sex outside of marriage ie adultery is a sin, ignoring God is a sin. Fortunately for us humans sins can be forgiven.

I am a sinner but have repented. Some sins can never or should never be forgiven ( supporting Crystal Palarse being the worst of all )

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
But you still made sure we all knew how emotional you felt. Hmmm

Oh come now, precious snowflake :laugh:

I like this board and I think that noting how intolerant and nasty it has become is worth doing, maybe some will realize that what I am saying is true, and think about what kind of a place they want this to be. Then again, maybe not. Doesn't affect me anymore, I'm closing my account.

Debating with people who disagree with you is good. I think that's healthy and I enjoy it.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted because they don't share your opinion is nasty, and to be honest I don't want to be called those things anymore.

Goodbye NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here