Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That Tom was shagging around not long ago, it does seem like a rush to have a baby in the hope that it brings them more closer which is always a terrible mistake. I think normal gay people would not find it so easy to instantly find someone that will have a baby for them, it does seem wrong how quickly they can just get a baby like they bought themselves a puppy from ebay or something. I guess it's one of the advantages of being Gay and male you don't have to go through it all, just pick up the baby when it's born like picking up a parcel from post office or something.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
having a baby with your partner means they are DNA related to you, like all animals raising a child.. 2 gay people raising a child is like a Frankenstien film.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I read the announcement to my mum and she said "He must've had a sperm donation."

I said "Yeah...on his face."

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
having a baby with your partner means they are DNA related to you, like all animals raising a child.. 2 gay people raising a child is like a Frankenstien film.
I guess you didn't even bother reading the rest of this thread apart from the OP. Or you can't read and got someone to type that for you.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
The clear subtext of the OP's argument is that it's better to leave a kid in care than let a gay couple raise them - How can anyone seriously argue that view is not a basic case of bigotry?

Here in Oz this was pretty much the anti gay marriage lobby's main talking point against allowing gay people to marry -(nonsensical given they could already adopt, but hey). Glad to say when it went to a public vote recently they lost the vote by a wide margin, even in some pretty redneck parts of the country. Needless to say I am confident the general view of most Brightonian's is even far more enlightened than that.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I have no problem with it at all.but one thing i have noticed is my son of 8 and his friends see it as something not nasty but as a sort of mickey take already at there age.one of the boys in there class has 2 mums which my son has never or passed judgement about and is friends with the lad.just seems that its still not seen as normal even in this day and age.i think its the same as racism something that will always be there

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, Cambridge University that establishment with a worldwide reputation for shoddy research.:facepalm:

Jeez, you really do get some dumb statements on NSC sometimes.

As it happens, I know this particular bit of research well as our family were interviewed for it. I know how thorough the questioning was and I've read the full report. But even if I didn't know that, I would generally accept research from Cambridge University as pretty kosher.

At no point did I question the validity of the research, I mentioned that your 'source' was hardly unbiased. NewFamilySocial, an LGBT publication concerning adoption and fostering, you know, where your link points to.

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
This is a car crash of a thread. Some people need to realise that we are a progressive society and get with the times. That, or work on a time machine so they can head back to the 50's.

Good luck to Tom & his husband - it doesn't affect my life in any way so I have no right to complain about what they do in their life. I'm sure they'll do all they can to give the child the best opportunities and upbringing they can.

Is this the same progressive society that has seen recruitment adverts on the civil service and fire service websites in the last few years state that hetrosexual white males need not apply.

Im not saying that tom daley and his partner wont make loving parents but it seems that having an opinion outside of the so called PC brigade these days is wrong and not valid

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I have no problem with it at all.but one thing i have noticed is my son of 8 and his friends see it as something not nasty but as a sort of mickey take already at there age.one of the boys in there class has 2 mums which my son has never or passed judgement about and is friends with the lad.just seems that its still not seen as normal even in this day and age.i think its the same as racism something that will always be there

Kids will abuse other kids over literally anything out of the normal. I mean we have a whole catalogue of jokes based on being ginger. So no it’s not seen as “normal” still, but that’s because only a small percentage of the population identify as homosexual, but that doesn’t mean it’s abnormal for it to happen, in the way having ginger hair isn’t abnormal. Just kids need educating.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kids will abuse other kids over literally anything out of the normal. I mean we have a whole catalogue of jokes based on being ginger. So no it’s not seen as “normal” still, but that’s because only a small percentage of the population identify as homosexual, but that doesn’t mean it’s abnormal for it to happen, in the way having ginger hair isn’t abnormal. Just kids need educating.

This. Using the ‘the kid will get bullied’ line is a bit pathetic. When I was a kid in the 70s, the (one) black kid in our school was (it now seems shameful) subject to all sorts of name calling etc. Some of the stuff would now rightly be illegal. Times move on - within another generation the ‘novelty’ aspect of same-sex parents will have largely dissipated, save for a few of the dinosaur types who will have (badly) educated their own kids to share their outdated views and perpetuate the persecution of anyone that doesn’t conform to their views of what is ‘normal’.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have absolutely know problem with a couple of the same sex adopting or having a child by other means, I do have a problem with chavy little no marks who push litters of kids out for no other reason than benefits!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The biggest challenge facing young children who are being adopted in this country is not where they are going but where they came from! Many youngsters are scare’d quite literally for life having been removed from parents with drug and alcohol dependency’s damaging the children before they are even born!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I recommend Indonesia for the pair of them. Their views would fit in there.

I'll hazard a guess the problem there would be too many foreigners.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I hate Tom Daley - he's good looking, talented, tv star and represented his country. He is subsequently well liked and wealthy. This has allowed him to find love with an equally horrible chap who also has lots of attributes I am jealous of. They have the audacity to get married, have a loving stable relationship and now want a child. No doubt they will love and care for this poor poor child throughout its life and with their contacts, money and privileges raise them well. What a mess. I blame society for this failing. They should all be shot.

Bravo!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why don't YOU get off that dangerously high horse that you are on? 'Just admit that you are homophobic'? 'Vile prejudices'? I have very good, CLOSE, friends that are gay who I would not, and have not, patronised by saying that I am comfortable with gay couples intentionally planning to have children in some way shape or form. You must be the epitomy of modern Nazism if you believe that everybody has to agree with your opinions and if they don't you will abuse and ridicule them.

spot on woody

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here