Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THAT'S YOUR OPINION
    regards
    DR
    Nope, it's the law - as is the fact that Tom and his partner are married.
    'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
    'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      Knowing two people with same sex parents, who are now grown up and very happy- and with one of them being a close friend- I’ve let this thread wind me up too much. So I’ll issue my last point.

I believe, and know from testimony, that all a baby is interested in is survival. That is ensured through the love and support of its parent(s). The baby has no concept on those parents biology and even less interest. It will grow up caring little for it. Until…

There comes a day when questions get asked and slurs get made. They could get bullied, taunted, made to feel different. (I know it happened to my friend many years back). But the problem is that they don’t understand why. They have done nothing wrong- and neither have their parents.

So what does this tell us ? It says that the real issue at hand here is not the circumstances of birth and nurture but the opposition to it. So by opposing it the whole concept of same sex parenting is called into question by virtue of the attitudes towards it and not the fact.

So basically, YOU are the reason why it may not work, YOU are the reason that some get bullied and YOU are the reason why healthy and balanced individuals may be caused to doubt themselves.

My words sound harsh and I do not wish to make slight of your character on the basis of a simple ignorant viewpoint.

Perhaps if you met my friend you would understand. But you wouldn’t be in for a comfortable time. When you challenge a person's right to exist, and meet their soft reasoning in person, it can be rather humbling.
      I am not the kind of person who bullies people. Never have, never will. But the fact is that such kids are more likely to get bullied than kids from a two parent (one of each sex) family. Growing up is tough enough anyway for many kids. Why make life even tougher for them by forcing a "two father" disadvantage on them?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Name:  DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  94.9 KB
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

2 Not allowed!
      Some people are still alive and kicking in the homophobia club
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      Knowing two people with same sex parents, who are now grown up and very happy- and with one of them being a close friend- I’ve let this thread wind me up too much. So I’ll issue my last point.

I believe, and know from testimony, that all a baby is interested in is survival. That is ensured through the love and support of its parent(s). The baby has no concept on those parents biology and even less interest. It will grow up caring little for it. Until…

There comes a day when questions get asked and slurs get made. They could get bullied, taunted, made to feel different. (I know it happened to my friend many years back). But the problem is that they don’t understand why. They have done nothing wrong- and neither have their parents.

So what does this tell us ? It says that the real issue at hand here is not the circumstances of birth and nurture but the opposition to it. So by opposing it the whole concept of same sex parenting is called into question by virtue of the attitudes towards it and not the fact.

So basically, YOU are the reason why it may not work, YOU are the reason that some get bullied and YOU are the reason why healthy and balanced individuals may be caused to doubt themselves.

My words sound harsh and I do not wish to make slight of your character on the basis of a simple ignorant viewpoint.

Perhaps if you met my friend you would understand. But you wouldn’t be in for a comfortable time. When you challenge a person's right to exist, and meet their soft reasoning in person, it can be rather humbling.
      Brilliant post and absolutely spot on.

When I was at school we occasionlly used to muse about black people, and that everything would be 'better' if they were 'sent back home'. I went to school in Hove. None of us had ever spoken to a black person, or (in most cases) even seen one, close up, in the flesh.

Ignorance, shared among the ignorant, can be so reassuring, and more-ish.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Minister of Information

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      I am not the kind of person who bullies people. Never have, never will. But the fact is that such kids are more likely to get bullied than kids from a two parent (one of each sex) family. Growing up is tough enough anyway for many kids. Why make life even tougher for them by forcing a "two father" disadvantage on them?
      I did not accuse you of bullying. But your opinions are a catalyst for it.

You merely underline my point that it is attitudes like yours and those that take them further that are the cause of life being tougher for them.

If those attitudes didn't exist then life wouldn't be tougher. It would be no different.

Unconsciously, although you can't see it, you are actually acknowledging where the real problem is.

The source of your ignorance is your conditioning not your ability to reason.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

4 Not allowed!
      Left UK years ago - but many people looking in can see there is an agenda to make you all love gay people and transgenders. Even the "secret life of 5 year olds" programme had kids all cross dressing.

In the UK men are being turned into girls, and the women are being pushed into the masculine. And nobody is allowed to speak out thro fear.

Love the footy, miss the footy, but wouldn't live in the UK again if you paid me. Too negative, too many look ill / stressed.....and no courage left.

2 Not allowed!
      Doesn't always work out well: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hyde-character

People of the same sex adopting babies is a reatime experiment with little or no data about what affect it has or not on the child growing up, whether being bullied at school for it or other. It just opens up a new can of worms and gives people a new way to abuse the system if they are that way inclined, at the expense of a child.

It's all hip, cool and really out there for the rich and famous but I am cynical and haven't bought into this fad as a genral rule.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhaseeer View Post
      Left UK years ago - but many people looking in can see there is an agenda to make you all love gay people and transgenders. Even the "secret life of 5 year olds" programme had kids all cross dressing.

In the UK men are being turned into girls, and the women are being pushed into the masculine. And nobody is allowed to speak out thro fear.

Love the footy, miss the footy, but wouldn't live in the UK again if you paid me. Too negative, too many look ill / stressed.....and no courage left.
      I’m genuinely intrigued as where thou hast moved to ?

As is Pretty Pink Fairy, who is looking for his passport as we speak.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

1 Not allowed!
      My usual response to this type of news story

Abso-bloody-exactly