Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
At least you have had the balls to say what many have known for a long time. The so called liberal left would prefer it if no other opinions than their own were allowed to be spoken/printed or espoused. Basically, 1984 has arrived. What a sad state of affairs.

Come on, Woody. It's the same on all sides. The fractious society we have now is everyone's fault.

Look, you and I are clearly on different sides of the 'political' spectrum but ultimately we want the same thing. I would always defend your right to a certain train of thought.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Not a fan of same sex marriages and certainly not of same sex couples adopting. Everyone will be judged at the end. If God feels that it's a sin, then those sinners will burn in Hell.

Seems a tad harsh. Surely there would be a sliding scale of punishments. Or would pinching a Mars bar from the local shop as a child result in the same sentence as a serial murderer? Maybe a week of gate-polishing duty would be more appropriate for the former rather than burning in hell for eternity.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like this board and I think that noting how intolerant and nasty it has become is worth doing, maybe some will realize that what I am saying is true, and think about what kind of a place they want this to be. Then again, maybe not. Doesn't affect me anymore, I'm closing my account.

Debating with people who disagree with you is good. I think that's healthy and I enjoy it.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted because they don't share your opinion is nasty, and to be honest I don't want to be called those things anymore.

Goodbye NSC.

If you’re going to flounce, do it properly. Your little green ‘logged on’ light is still glowing......

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Seems a tad harsh. Surely there would be a sliding scale of punishments. Or would pinching a Mars bar from the local shop as a child result in the same sentence as a serial murderer? Maybe a week of gate-polishing duty would be more appropriate for the former rather than burning in hell for eternity.

Pinching a Mars bar, cut off the hand that stole it.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My only conclusion is that the OP is a closet homosexual whose nuts don't work. And he fancies Tom Daley.

You do realise that you appear to be using the word 'homosexual' as some form of insult, or to offend the person it is aimed at? Of course you did.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The British Olympic diver and his husband Dustin Lance Black shared the news on social media.

There is no way gay people should be permitted to have children by whatever bizarre means they acquire them. The incontrovertible fact is that it takes a male and a female to produce babies. If you don't wish to participate in that activity because you prefer your own sex, then hard bloody luck. Guess what? No babies. Can't have it both ways. Heterosexual ... OK you can have kids. Homosexual ... sorry, you can't.

And the guy isn't his "husband", he's his gay partner.

I could go into detail but I'm going to go with a one word response......
Bullsh*t

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I like this board and I think that noting how intolerant and nasty it has become is worth doing, maybe some will realize that what I am saying is true, and think about what kind of a place they want this to be. Then again, maybe not. Doesn't affect me anymore, I'm closing my account.

Debating with people who disagree with you is good. I think that's healthy and I enjoy it.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted because they don't share your opinion is nasty, and to be honest I don't want to be called those things anymore.

Goodbye NSC.

Calling someone racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted when they act in a way that is racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted not intolerance, it is fair comment.

If you don't want to be called racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted then don't BE racist/sexist/homophobic/bigoted.

It is honestly that f*cking simple!

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Goodbye NSC.

Oh come on Dan. You know that NSC is like a drug. You can't kick it. You're in too deep.

As for this thread, it's so predictable how it's going to shape up. That's largely due to the fact that people are going to take polar positions.

I'm a 50 year old bloke. I'm not homosexual and therefore not in a gay partnership. I have no idea how it feels to be in a gay partnership and still want to raise children. I can imagine it, but have no idea what it is like. I bet the yearning is strong.

I can quite understand why people don't understand this, and why they might feel threatened by something that is alien to them. The natural reaction is to say, it's not natural. Don't let it happen.

But that's just an emotional reaction. As Uncle Spielberg pointed out, as long as the children are bought up in a safe and loving relationship, who cares what the sex of the parents are.

I'm sure you'll hang around to keep debating, but equally, if there's no rational reasons why two people shouldn't raise a child, then perhaps we should just be debating why it is that people feel the way they feel.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Followed up by another irrelevant tweet.

It appears you're commenting on a situation you have absolutely no understanding of at all. Why is that? We're all entitled to an opinion, but we're not obliged to give it - especially in cases of ignorance such as yours.

Someone is feeling a bit touchy. Calm down Dear x

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
At least you have had the balls to say what many have known for a long time. The so called liberal left would prefer it if no other opinions than their own were allowed to be spoken/printed or espoused. Basically, 1984 has arrived. What a sad state of affairs.

Stop projecting snowflake 2

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This. Using the ‘the kid will get bullied’ line is a bit pathetic. When I was a kid in the 70s, the (one) black kid in our school was (it now seems shameful) subject to all sorts of name calling etc. Some of the stuff would now rightly be illegal. Times move on - within another generation the ‘novelty’ aspect of same-sex parents will have largely dissipated, save for a few of the dinosaur types who will have (badly) educated their own kids to share their outdated views and perpetuate the persecution of anyone that doesn’t conform to their views of what is ‘normal’.

We are probably of similar age... back in the 70s we had one black friend... only he was adopted and the rest of his family were white. I can say with my hand on my heart, I was actually a teenager before I realised he was black. I mean that in the sense of 'black being somehow different'. I wasn't blind enough not to notice his skin was darker than mine, but he was just one of our 'gang', a friend like any other.

Racism/Sexism/Homophobia are learned behaviours... they do not come to children naturally. The more people speak out about unacceptable behaviour/attitudes the more we stop the teaching of these outdated bigotries to the next generation and eventually we will have eradicated these pointless hate-filled attitudes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not comfortable with this personally.

Not fair on the kids and they will be picked on amongst other problems this creates for them.

Don't think it should be allowed but that's just my opinion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not comfortable with this personally.

Not fair on the kids and they will be picked on amongst other problems this creates for them.

Don't think it should be allowed but that's just my opinion.

This is EXACTLY we why should stop two ginger parents having kids. We KNOW the kid will be bullied.

I'm glad someone else is on the same agenda as me.

Right? Anyone?

No?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here