Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whoever makes the dicision is going to leave themselves open to all sorts of accusations. Not a choice I would like to make.

A homophobe and a coward who doesn't hold himself to the same standards as he holds others and doesn't have the courage of his convictions. Nice.Maybe you are a real Christian after all. Your "religion" really has been the making of you!

Last edited:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.

The big question for me is, would I piss on you if you were on fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As someone who was successfully raised by an amazing single parent, spare me the every child needs a mother and father bollocks, it is quite frankly offensive.

It may be your opinion, but it is categorically wrong and whether intentionally or not it cast aspersions on those not brought up in the "traditional family unit".

If you do not like being called out for a bigoted opinion then think before you speak.

I too was raised by a single parent, a mother in fact, in an era less tolerant than now. Would our lives have been better with a father figure around? Probably.

And there is the crux, probability. Of course a child being raised by loving parent(s) is the aim, whether they are the biological parents or not. Is it better for a child to be raised by two same sex adults rather than having a life in care? Of course it is. Should people be able to have babies to order to suit their lifestyle? Not in my opinion.

Oh, and do drop the 'offensive' twaddle bit, it wasn't, unless you choose to be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I too was raised by a single parent, a mother in fact, in an era less tolerant than now. Would our lives have been better with a father figure around? Probably.

And there is the crux, probability. Of course a child being raised by loving parent(s) is the aim, whether they are the biological parents or not. Is it better for a child to be raised by two same sex adults rather than having a life in care? Of course it is. Should people be able to have babies to order to suit their lifestyle? Not in my opinion.

Oh, and do drop the 'offensive' twaddle bit, it wasn't, unless you choose to be.

Do you think that applies to fem/male couples....or are you saying that to be gay is a lifestyle choice?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You think being gay is a lifestyle choice?

No, but I didn't need to answer the second part of the question as I had already answered the first part. But you wanted to be clever, unlucky.

More strange but true news apparently.......

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43071901

Would it be a good idea for children to be placed into this modern relationship?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, but I didn't need to answer the second part of the question as I had already answered the first part. But you wanted to be clever, unlucky.

Would it be a good idea for children to be placed into this modern relationship?

Wasn't trying to be clever. It was a fairly natural assumption to make because when you were asked by another poster if you think being Gay is a lifestyle choice you started your next post with the word "Yes". No harm intended, I wasn't sure that's what you meant so I was clarifying.

As for the link. What's the problem with a woman breastfeeding her partner's baby?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

On what basis would they not be suitable?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wasn't trying to be clever. It was a fairly natural assumption to make because when you were asked by another poster if you think being Gay is a lifestyle choice you started your next post with the word "Yes". No harm intended, I wasn't sure that's what you meant so I was clarifying.

As for the link. What's the problem with a woman breastfeeding her partner's baby?

On what basis would they not be suitable?

So, one woman chooses not to breast feed her baby, her female partner was so happy with this decision that she decided to ingest loads of drugs to allow her to produce beast milk that she could not produce naturally. Hardly seems the most stable relationship.........

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, one woman chooses not to breast feed her baby, her female partner was so happy with this decision that she decided to ingest loads of drugs to allow her to produce beast milk that she could not produce naturally. Hardly seems the most stable relationship.........

Not for you to say really. There's three people in that family and you're not one of them so I wouldn't get too fussed about if if I were you, Nobody is being harmed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not for you to say really. There's three people in that family and you're not one of them so I wouldn't get too fussed about if if I were you, Nobody is being harmed.

Being too fussed, and trying to garner the opinions of others are two very different things.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Being too fussed, and trying to garner the opinions of others are two very different things.

Yes they are. You're doing both. Although I suspect you are not too concerned with the opinions of others. With that in mind, I must retire to my bed. I'm up early and wish to read a bit of Colin Dexter before I drift off. Night night, sleep tight, don't let the homosexuals bite.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ok...so how are you distinguishing the two then....what determines the lifestyle choice

I used the term 'babies to order', and I did not differentiate between same sex and mixed sex couples. You brought up the term 'lifestyle choice', perhaps you should clarify what you mean?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I used the term 'babies to order', and I did not differentiate between same sex and mixed sex couples. You brought up the term 'lifestyle choice', perhaps you should clarify what you mean?

I didn’t refer to your comment re babies to order and you are correct you didn’t use the term lifestyle choice....but you did refer to lifestyle.
My questions were to try and fully understand where you were coming from.

You talk about babies to order...what about young children....teenagers...do you think gay couples should not be foster parents?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here