Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So what do you think that I don't understand? May I suggest that you don't seem to understand that everyone is entitled to express their own opinion? Your opinion seems to differ from mine but I listen to your"s with out becoming aggressive. You need to grasp that concept and chill. My understanding is that Children are a gift from God to hetrosexual couples and that God never intended same sex couples to have children. It's God's punishment.
May views are those of a cured homosexual.

As I said, just because you're entitled to an opinion, you're not obliged to give it.

I can debate the merits of their case with others. It's just you don't have a case - this post is an example - you've resorted to homophobic gibberish. Of course, decent society is going to disagree with that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am only prejudging them as having either no female or no male in the relationship. That is not prejudice, that's just a fact about same sex couples.

What I am saying has nothing to do with being good or bad parents, it's just about the need for the presence of an adult male and adult female in the raising of a healthy child.

I would argue that you are really saying you believe they need a masculine presence and a feminine presence, perhaps? What actual sets of genitals the parents have is bafflingly irrelevant, surely?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm waiting for instructions on how to close my account, I don't know how to do it.

You simply log off and stop using it. I'd rather you stay but if you're gonna go, just go. What's the quote?

Get the **** in or **** the **** off.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As someone who was successfully raised by an amazing single parent, spare me the every child needs a mother and father bollocks, it is quite frankly offensive.

It may be your opinion, but it is categorically wrong and whether intentionally or not it cast aspersions on those not brought up in the "traditional family unit".

If you do not like being called out for a bigoted opinion then think before you speak.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not comfortable with this personally.

Not fair on the kids and they will be picked on amongst other problems this creates for them.

Don't think it should be allowed but that's just my opinion.

Interested to know what you think the alternative is then?
Won't a child in foster care or the care system be picked on? Is that bullying fairer or more acceptable?
What about the fat kids or the goths or the geeky kids or the red-heads? Is bullying them to be tolerated?

Ok,can we agreed that the ones in the wrong are the bullies not the victims?

There are two ways to stop bullying...

1. Teach the bullies to behave better

...or...

2. Remove anyone who is "different" so that the bullies have no one to pick on.

So we stop gay couples having children, to protect those children... we make all children have the same BMI, starve the fatties, force-feed the anorexics... we stop them wearing black clothes, black eye liner and tell them all to cheer up and stop listening to depressing music... we force them to play sports and ban Star Trek/Star Wars/Chess... oh yeah, we also inject ink into their eyes and dye their hair to make them all look the same.

Ok, have we agreed how to solve the problem now?

Ok, let's just deal with the bullies instead, that might be the better way to protect Tom's son/daughter from being picked on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As someone who was successfully raised by an amazing single parent, spare me the every child needs a mother and father bollocks, it is quite frankly offensive.

It may be your opinion, but it is categorically wrong and whether intentionally or not it cast aspersions on those not brought up in the "traditional family unit".

If you do not like being called out for a bigoted opinion then think before you speak.

Hard to argue with decades of first hand evidence.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So what do you think that I don't understand? May I suggest that you don't seem to understand that everyone is entitled to express their own opinion? Your opinion seems to differ from mine but I listen to your"s with out becoming aggressive. You need to grasp that concept and chill. My understanding is that Children are a gift from God to hetrosexual couples and that God never intended same sex couples to have children. It's God's punishment.

That's an absolute ''belter'' of a line -- What did it 3 Nurofen Plus instead of 2 ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Interested to know what you think the alternative is then?
Won't a child in foster care or the care system be picked on? Is that bullying fairer or more acceptable?
What about the fat kids or the goths or the geeky kids or the red-heads? Is bullying them to be tolerated?

Ok,can we agreed that the ones in the wrong are the bullies not the victims?

There are two ways to stop bullying...

1. Teach the bullies to behave better

...or...

2. Remove anyone who is "different" so that the bullies have no one to pick on.

So we stop gay couples having children, to protect those children... we make all children have the same BMI, starve the fatties, force-feed the anorexics... we stop them wearing black clothes, black eye liner and tell them all to cheer up and stop listening to depressing music... we force them to play sports and ban Star Trek/Star Wars/Chess... oh yeah, we also inject ink into their eyes and dye their hair to make them all look the same.

Ok, have we agreed how to solve the problem now?

Ok, let's just deal with the bullies instead, that might be the better way to protect Tom's son/daughter from being picked on.
Best post on the thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guess this thread proves one thing, that some people (the minority thankfully) are having a very hard time adapting to changes in the world. Strangely they claim that homosexuals raising children is against nature. Well, it's a fact that it's not the strongest in nature that survive but those that can adapt. Ironic in a way.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I am only prejudging them as having either no female or no male in the relationship. That is not prejudice, that's just a fact about same sex couples.

What I am saying has nothing to do with being good or bad parents, it's just about the need for the presence of an adult male and adult female in the raising of a healthy child.

Tom's mother..? His husband's mother..? What if either of them have sisters? Of course, it's impossible for two gay men to have any female friends? There are lots of people in that child's life who can be a positive female role model, it doesn't have to be one the child calls "Mum".

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Growing up without a mother or without a father is difficult and painful for a child. That is not offensive, and I'm not judging single parents or children raised by them when I say that.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I guess this thread proves one thing, that some people (the minority thankfully) are having a very hard time adapting to changes in the world. Strangely they claim that homosexuals raising children is against nature. Well, it's a fact that it's not the strongest in nature that survive but those that can adapt. Ironic in a way.

WOW! Definitely the most insightful thing I will read today, maybe this week, possibly this year!

[I re-read that reply and it sounding like it was dripping in sarcasm! Promise it wasn't! There genuinely couldn't be a better way to end this argument.]

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003

great post

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

If they could just cure your stupidity you'd be practically perfect in every way.

I know a female couple who are married and had a child with the sperm of one of their gay friends. All of them are primary school teachers and all of them do an amazing job of raising theirs and other people's children.
As an aside when some of the parents found out someone posted human faeces to him and called him a paedophile.
People are crass.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Growing up without a mother or without a father is difficult and painful for a child. That is not offensive, and I'm not judging single parents or children raised by them when I say that.
Hopefully you're speaking from personal experience. Otherwise you're just pontificating your opinion as fact and making a massive generalisation. Again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Nope. Having a parent leave is painful and difficult. Being raised by the remaining parent is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here