Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Begging the question:-

'why admire his conviction to basically do the job he is well paid to do'?

Fair question......................answer is he expressed a view which he must've known would provoke a hysterical over reaction. Awaits now the usual 'online petitions(s) entitled 'boycott the daily mail' and / or 'sack Littlejohn'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If that ever turns out to be the case, we need to sink this island and start again.
Or we could just wait for them to die out, a few more cold snaps should help.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair question......................answer is he expressed a view which he must've known would provoke a hysterical over reaction. Awaits now the usual 'online petitions(s) entitled 'boycott the daily mail' and / or 'sack Littlejohn'.

Again that's his job.
Just how many times has Littlejohn been suspended and/or reprimanded by his employers?

Rallying behind Littlejohn's 'bravery' about expressing a view that would provoke a hysterical reaction is the same as rallying behind Sunday's right to be the day before Monday.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Again that's his job.
Just how many times has Littlejohn been suspended and/or reprimanded by his employers?

Rallying behind Littlejohn's 'bravery' about expressing a view that would provoke a hysterical reaction is the same as rallying behind Sunday's right to be the day before Monday.

None to my knowledge. Why would they suspend him as surely they read his article before going to print? He's an excellent columnist I usually agree with everything he says.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Children do benefit far more by having a man and a dad, no matter what the right on brigade claim.

Given that this is your opinion, I’m struggling to see what objection you have to Tom and Dustin having a baby...they meet your preferred genders for parents perfectly.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't bother with this thread because I thought it was about somebody I didn't know doing something that makes no difference to my life.

Turns out I was right.

Don't know why so many feel the need to get involved in another couple:s affairs and start telling others what they should and shouldn't be doing.

Must be the right on politically correct brigade again. I have heard they are always doing stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I guarantee you it is the case, just too many wouldn't dare admit to it. A bit like voting Conservative.

I look forward to reading your research findings.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry to hear that Buzzer, My mum left after six months and I had a complicated up bringing including foster homes in the most important years. Looking back I would have given anything for someone to “love & care” for me then, be it two women, two men, one man, one woman. Which is why your last paragraph hits the nail on the head, and basically anyone who tries to find a reason to argue against that is not getting the point and any further discussion is futile.

No worries matey. I'm all good now and it taught me a lot of lessons in how not to raise children, I'm sure the same as you. And it does come down to that single point - will the child be loved?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Given that this is your opinion, I’m struggling to see what objection you have to Tom and Dustin having a baby...they meet your preferred genders for parents perfectly.

I think in certain circumstances that point is spot on. A lot of boys in inner city estates desperately need a father figure and are sadly lacking but that's a lot to do with culture and environment. I've no evidence to back this up but I reckon most gay couples who conceive a child with a surrogate mother or with a lesbian couple who also will be parents will have a lot more stable life. And this is completely the case for anyone who adopts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
living in the real world, mixing with mums and dads.

That's alright then.
If you lived your life through The Daily Mail, you'd have to hate women as well:-

DWPd1iMW4AAGgCc.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's wrong with women footballers? Are they fitter than you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here