Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So someone who is not convinced that gay adoption is a good thing, is a homophobic bigot and should be called out for it and put in the hall of shame?

Yes. By definition. It's discrimination based on sexuality so it's being homophobic and bigoted. Which bit are you missing Mr Putin?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Jan 30, 2008
As an adoptive parent, you don't need any, in fact it is sort of required that you don't, otherwise it is your natural child, not your adopted child.
Wouldn't that seem a bit more creditable like an egg donor , I mean it smacks of the ideal accessory for the perfect Gay relationship ?
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I feel sorry for anyone, such as this Honky Tonk character, who's religion is a source of weakness, bigotry and intolerance rather than a source of strength, understanding and kindness.

Though I suspect he is on a wind up.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I feel sorry for anyone, such as this Honky Tonk character, who's religion is a source of weakness, bigotry and intolerance rather than a source of strength, understanding and kindness.

Though I suspect he is on a wind up.

My religion is not a source of weakness. I only hope that you are those who share your beliefs find the truth before it's too late. I know the truth so I have no fear.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
My religion is not a source of weakness. I only hope that you are those who share your beliefs find the truth before it's too late

I have always felt that religion has very little to do with the existence of a God.
A religion is really only a human construct - typified by the often exclusivity of most, if not all religions, which is often linked to a very human yearning for the continual existence after death.
Whether or not there is a God , who knows - but if there is an all powerful being I would wager it does not resemble in any way how all religions depict it. I would also hope that it is also not obsessed by the very petty disagreements on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you are OK with it, you do think same sex couple should be able to adopt? I was previously of the opinion that at as you thought it wasn’t natural it wasn’t right and therefore shouldn’t be allowed? Or are you not sure? If so what results and data would you want/need to know to think it is OK? And if you aren't of the opinion its OK why not?

Also on the point of your life being made hell if you had two fathers, that isn’t a valid reason, IMO, for not allowing two men to adopt. On the logic we shouldn’t allow it because they will get bullied we also shouldn’t allow any other reason children get bullied from occurring? As others have said being ginger, being a nerd, being poor at sports, having a funny name, not having much money, living in a dodgy area, having different coloured skin etc. are all reasons why children get bullied and picked on. We don’t stop or prevent ginger children being born, don’t genetically select only non-nerd sporty types, don’t have allowed names that can be given, don’t give children more money and nice house or stop different coloured parents having children. Why are you singling out same sex parents?

Where did I say it wasn't natural for two men to bring up children? You can apply the following to the animal kingdom. Normally with a group of intelligent animals if parents die they are adopted by the group and if you only have elder brothers or uncles they would take on the responsibility. So it is clear that men can and do bring up children historically in our evolution..

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Where did I say it wasn't natural for two men to bring up children? You can apply the following to the animal kingdom. Normally with a group of intelligent animals if parents die they are adopted by the group and if you only have elder brothers or uncles they would take on the responsibility. So it is clear that men can and do bring up children historically in our evolution..

Aaaaahhh, so you only have a problem with it when the two men are homosexual? So, back to the original question, what has their sexuality got to do with whether they are more or less suitable to bring up a child than in the example you describe above?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Although clearly trolling it's pretty offensive to post links to homophobic websites. I'm smelling Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here