[Food] So what is the king of curries?

Choose your favourite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not only is Biryani not included on the poll but also not been mentioned yet.

King Prawn Biryani , the king of curries

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Goan Pork Vindaloo currently on the Curry Leaf Cafe menu takes a lot of beating.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Bangladesh was part of India and is mostly Bengali in culture, same as they other side of the border. This line about them being Bangladeshis and not Indians is really ill informed as it implies they are somehow not authentic, based around a political border

I know a little about the area. Quite generally speaking, India is quite different from Bangladesh, with different cultures, different languages and different foods that are allowed to be eaten. Bengali regions of India are more aligned with Bangladesh in terms of identity, obviously. Bengalis do not generally identify themselves as Indian, but rather Bengalis, because that's what they are. Indian takeaway food can neither be said to be authentic Indian or Bangladeshi/Bengali. Whoever they are owned by, they do not generally serve authentic foods, so it doesn't really make any difference in that sense, irrespective of what they call themselves. This is what I was implying. It doesn't matter what your culture is if you don't serve foods authentic to that culture. Obviously the British public associate Indian takeaways with a certain kind of food, which is not Indian, so it can make sense to call yourself an Indian takeaway, even if you're not Indian.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good to see Dhansak doing well. Just the right strength with a lovely texture. Bhuna is also a favourite although it can be a bit dry so the mango chutney goes well with it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'll eat most, saucier the better with naan. DO miss an SA mutton bunny chow in Durban but midlands balti houses, well it my staple diet now in the cold times. Why are they always SO much better to eat in. My problem is loading up on too many poppodoms though with the salad, lime, and chutney, snacking heaven

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Poppadoms (Lime Pickle) , Chicken Madras, Extra Garlic Naan and Kingfisher ..... job done

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here