Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] So what is the king of curries?

Choose your favourite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The fact that part 2 "but if going to a different place tend to opt for either King Prawn or chicken. Jalfreezi so the answer for me has to be a Jalfreezi. as they do not vary as much as a Madras does.IMHO."

...does look a wee bit....hurried :lolol:

Think that post had about 5 different iterations, changed every time I read it. Luckily no-one noticed so BG can claim no edits were involved...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10 .........Think what you like I am broad shouldered and can take it. There is only 1 person on here who annoys me so this years resolution that I have made is to just ignore any post that he makes.

Had to edit that as others had posted while I was being slow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that part 2 "but if going to a different place tend to opt for either King Prawn or chicken. Jalfreezi so the answer for me has to be a Jalfreezi. as they do not vary as much as a Madras does.IMHO."

...does look a wee bit....hurried :lolol:
You're saying that BG's posts are usually more considered and articulate?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy 10 .........Think what you like I am broad shouldered and can take it. There is only 1 person on here who annoys me so this years resolution that I have made is to just ignore any post that he makes.

Had to edit that as others had posted while I was being slow.

You know you don't have to make a new years resolution BG - you can literally just put them on ignore.

Hope its not me xx

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Think what you like I am broad shouldered and can take it. There is only 1 person on here who annoys me so this years resolution that I have made is to just ignore any post that he makes.

I've noticed that BG :cry:

Is it coz I sussed you years ago :moo:

Whoops you are not going to reply are you:lolol:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I love a Vindaloo, but it's a byword for something that's trying to blow your cock off with chilli powder. A top notch vindaloo is a thing of beauty - hot enough to pack a serious punch, but also delicately flavoured with ginger and spices and different textures with the potato.

Each to their own, of course, but I'm not sure a top-notch vindaloo would have potato in it. The name comes from the Portuguese Carne de Vinha d'Alhos (meat with wine and garlic). It has nothing to do with "aloo".

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cor there is some Chilli Willy Waving going on here with your Jalfrezi, Madras and Vindaloo Fans.

Personally, after years of having my mouth seared I can't look past a well spiced Lamb Rogan Josh (although apparently back in Kashmir you would more likely be eating Goat Rogan Josh).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chicken Tikka Massala Madras hot is the one!

First created in Birmingham, how authentic!, but l agree, if you like it then you like it.

As for me, l can't make my mind up, it's either a Chicken Danshak, or a Chicken Patia, but always served with Lemon Rice and a Brinjal Bhaji. Curry house of choice is the Akash in Horsham.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
First created in Birmingham, how authentic!, but l agree, if you like it then you like it.

As for me, l can't make my mind up, it's either a Chicken Danshak, or a Chicken Patia, but always served with Lemon Rice and a Brinjal Bhaji. Curry house of choice is the Akash in Horsham.

I’ve been to India and didnt find one curry you would find in a tandoori curry house over here. So whatever you are eating is generally made up and unique to the UK.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Bhuna.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Jhalfrezi. It's so good and is my barometer for how good a new curry place is.

Yes l know what you mean. For me the best barometer is to try their Onion Bhaji, a stock dish of which most curry houses must sell a great many. If the Onion Bhaji starter is good, then so most probably will your main course be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here