Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    It is weird in the extreme, I've even wanted Spurs to win the odd game and I loathe them, same goes for Chelsea and Utd. Wanting City to win is less troubling as they are so good to watch.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Trouble is they keep letting us down and losing to our bottom half of the table rivals. It just makes me hate them more.
      face piles of trials, with smiles
      it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.
      Only Happy When It Rains Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone else find it an odd, and slightly uncomfortable feeling?

Born in '86 so this is the first time seeing Albion in the top flight for me, therefore the first time I have ever wanted the top 6-8 to basically smash everyone except us.

However, I still have to admit to mixed feelings when watching say, Chelsea v West Brom the other evening. There's still a part of me that can't help but want to see the little guy beat the big guy.
      Hopefully we'll all be mightily cheering on the overdogs at the Amex on Saturday. Coventry have their own big fish to fry away from the FA Cup.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
      I realised this odd feeling early on in the season...I think it was when Burnley scored their third at Chelsea
      This. Not right. Not proper.

I'd have rejoiced at Huddersfield beating Man Utd early on but instead I felt disgusted. I don't like it.
      Muslamic Infidel

0 Not allowed!
      This. Like attempting to maintain an erection whilst focusing on a picture of Ann Widdecombe. It's just not natural.
      I'm sure Wayne Rooney could give you some tips.

Although the results wasn't what we wanted I found Chelsea being taken apart by Watford the other week brilliant.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      I'm sure Wayne Rooney could give you some tips.

Although the results wasn't what we wanted I found Chelsea being taken apart by Watford the other week brilliant.
      With the amount of teams below I don't see Watford as realistic relegation candidates so I did enjoy that one, fantastic counter attacking football at the end.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      I thought the thread title was in reference to this weekends FA Cup exploits.
      Although in fairness now I think about it the Albion have been overdogs in the 2 previous rounds, so it can't be an issue now!
      Another reason to love the FA cup - it is now the one safe place where we can heartily and genuinely cheer on the underdog, and purge those feelings of guilt and self-disgust. Not only is there the joyful anticipation of an overdog being humiliated by a “lesser” team, but progression of said “lesser” team can only be advantageous to us.

(NB - for those of a slow-witted or perpetually outraged persuasion, please note the inverted commas around “lesser”.)

0 Not allowed!
      I worked in Coventry for 35 years and for most of that time they were the big team - mostly in the top flight and we were usually anywhere but. Even when we made it in 1979, it seemed weird playing at the same level as City, and, of course it didn't last. How times have changed now !

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ View Post
      (except us!)
      I believe this hasn’t happened since we beat Man City in the cup
      Muslamic Infidel

1 Not allowed!
      With the amount of teams below I don't see Watford as realistic relegation candidates so I did enjoy that one, fantastic counter attacking football at the end.
      I agree about them not being realistic relegation candidates, however with how tight it is a draw would have left Watford level on points with us, had they lost to Chelsea we'd be above them right now. Such fine margins at the moment.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo