Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teegulls

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'd not noticed they'd gone, but I did think it was only a matter of time before the big club machine stamped down on them. I don't know if it's that, but that's what I'd be guessing at.

There's no place for timely, whimsical, innovative and imaginative design.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] you probably wont/dont want to/cant reply but from a few recent posts there seems to be a bit of animosity reading between the lines between you and the club, no need to reply just interested in what the thankless task is. I dont even know how you find the time to do this "job"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Obviously promoting it was a bit stupid of them.

Right, I'll bite.

Why would you set up a business that was based around the football team and NOT want it promoted to the very people who'll buy the wares (excuse the pun).

I was on one of the shows that mentioned Teegulls and we ALL do it. Ade and Al promoted my blog, I put that show (and others I've not been on) on social media, and we've all posted on here and circulated info about The Albion Mag, Nick S's book, TSLR, NSK merchandise and doubtless other stuff. And I don't mean that any of that is asked for. We're a community. AFAIK Ade mentioned it because he liked the tshirts.

The sin here is that some of the stuff probably sailed too close to very heavily protected image rights. It's a shame they were closed down before I got my lazy butt round to ordering an El Galgo (or a Bong which was also a classic) but I'll make sure I'm not so tardy when something starts back up.

Finally, as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, the club is cracking down on the talent available to it in the most bloody minded way. Not only would these guys' tshirts look great in the club shop but some of the more recent suggestions on targeted marketing and ticketing have been the sort of useful constructive criticism the club should be reacting to in a positive manner.

Not very #together this PL lark is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] you probably wont/dont want to/cant reply but from a few recent posts there seems to be a bit of animosity reading between the lines between you and the club, no need to reply just interested in what the thankless task is. I dont even know how you find the time to do this "job"

No animosity at all, at least from me (and none I'm aware of from the club towards me).

I think the club gets a huge amount of stuff right (£18 / £6 tickets for Coventry, 4 tickets per STH as an example), but I'll not be shy at saying where I think they've got it wrong (social media buffonery). My tone is often overly-saturated with sarcasm though - something I could probably improve on however!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hope you pop back up in some form teagulls, your T shirt designs are brilliant. Being a Greyhound owner its a shame I didnt get a great Galgo one before you were wrapped on the knuckles. I hope you havent lost money on wasted stock.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Well the more high profile and the more media coverage it gets the higher the probability gets of the club doing somthing.

:facepalm:

Good grief.

Do you honestly think the club operates within a bubble and has no idea what's going on on its doorstep? And that if it doesn't, it's only the like of the Roar that nudges it awake?

Trying to blame us for this is low. And totally out of order.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
I live in oz if it was not for the albion roar would not have almost got 4 great tee shirts if only i had put my order in a week before,as for the roar big fan love what you guys do look forward to your show every week long live the roar.

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
A plot twist.

Teegulls have changed the name of their fb page to backheel.co.uk.

Only the Bruno shirt available on their website at present. Hopefully more designs will be added. Then it might be prudent to get your orders in sharpish.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The club shop has offered shite since the Nick Rowe/early Skint days.

Apart from the 'Target' t shirts (in my opinion anyway). Other than that, you're correct!

The most imaginative t-shirts come from independent producers with no affiliation to the club or their corporate puppet masters.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
D8D75977-17E5-40C3-827B-D52568E3098B.png

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No one to blame here but the club. Just another corporate behemoth using its financial clout to bully the small concern trying to make an honest buck and supply the consumers with the merchandise they want to buy.

I could understand and would fully support the club's stance if the Teegull range (and others) were a direct rip-off of merchandise being sold by the club. But that isn't what is happening at all.

Meanwhile the illegal street-trading of those shoddy half and half scarves continues unabated.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No one to blame here but the club. Just another corporate behemoth using its financial clout to bully the small concern trying to make an honest buck and supply the consumers with the merchandise they want to buy.

I could understand and would fully support the club's stance if the Teegull range (and others) were a direct rip-off of merchandise being sold by the club. But that isn't what is happening at all.

Meanwhile the illegal street-trading of those shoddy half and half scarves continues unabated.

Not familiar with the concept of copyright?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Unfortunately, they were trading off the back of the club's name - mentioning them on the website (and in metadata).

There is nothing to stop you producing T-shirts with, say, the word "Albion" on them or with Seagulls on the front - just as the guys at TSLR do, in fact - but don't be daft and associate them directly with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. It's asking for trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here