Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teegulls

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd not noticed they'd gone, but I did think it was only a matter of time before the big club machine stamped down on them. I don't know if it's that, but that's what I'd be guessing at.

There's no place for timely, whimsical, innovative and imaginative design.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
That's a shame. I bought a couple of their t shirts. Albion Roar name checked them a couple of times recently.

So what is the legal position for a company like Teegulls?

I'd have thought they were not infringing copyright - but guessing there must be some aspect of the law that now prohibits anyone from selling items that references the club name or the players names etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a shame. I bought a couple of their t shirts. Albion Roar name checked them a couple of times recently.

So what is the legal position for a company like Teegulls?

I'd have thought they were not infringing copyright - but guessing there must be some aspect of the law that now prohibits anyone from selling items that references the club name or the players names etc.

Player imagery certainly would be dodgy territory so the Bruno Subbuteo one and the Hughton leader one could probably get them in trouble.

Maybe the club are bringing them "in house" so that the club shop finally has stuff fans might want to buy. That would be a positive move.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...UCRhQKHf6pALYQ7AkIWg&biw=1440&bih=780#imgrc=_

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I want to stress I'm guessing, but I know of another t-shirt producer who got asked by the club to stop previously.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I love my stand or fall t-shirt from them. I hope they get back up and running soon - whatever the reason!!

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Maybe the club are bringing them "in house" so that the club shop finally has stuff fans might want to buy
That would be a massive step forward

There's so much more scope for innovative and interesting t-shirts, hoodies etc. I've virtually no interest in what the club sell at the moment. Once you've got a hat, a scarf and a pin badge, where do you go? I've never been one for replica shirts. T shirts on the other hand....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I want to stress I'm guessing, but I know of another t-shirt producer who got asked by the club to stop previously.

Did they also do NSC T shirts? hang on that’s an idea, BG with a number 3 on the back, Bozza is our leader, there must be more....

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Player imagery certainly would be dodgy territory so the Bruno Subbuteo one and the Hughton leader one could probably get them in trouble.

Maybe the club are bringing them "in house" so that the club shop finally has stuff fans might want to buy. That would be a positive move.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...UCRhQKHf6pALYQ7AkIWg&biw=1440&bih=780#imgrc=_

Some stunning designs on that link. Had not heard of Teegulls before, a shame if they've been forced to lay low though.
Not sure if it's one of their designs but this did make me laugh out loud....:lolol:
images.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The club wouldn't have any copyright with Stand or Fall, surely?

Nsk do t shirts and there was another company, whose name escapes for a moment, who did Heroes t-shirts. I won a voucher at the REMF raffle a few years ago, choosing Calde with the logo of He Scores With His Face.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club wouldn't have any copyright with Stand or Fall, surely?

Nsk do t shirts and there was another company, whose name escapes for a moment, who did Heroes t-shirts. I won a voucher at the REMF raffle a few years ago, choosing Calde with the logo of He Scores With His Face.

TSLR's Ts are great. They might avoid scrutiny by being quite generic and not using club/player references > http://tslr.bigcartel.com/

Cult Zeros do a range > http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/search-by-team/42/brighton-and-hove-albion/ - it might have been them that got asked to stop before, I can't recall.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Damn big time as was about to buy one but got distracted last week.

The official club shop merchandise is uninspiring to say the least, last thing I got was the Gnome

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
They are obviously still producing designs.

locadia.png

This was on google images, but no web presence that I can find at all.

edit: I love the intimation that he is "the real thing". I hope they're right.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
That would be a massive step forward

There's so much more scope for innovative and interesting t-shirts, hoodies etc. I've virtually no interest in what the club sell at the moment. Once you've got a hat, a scarf and a pin badge, where do you go? I've never been one for replica shirts. T shirts on the other hand....

The club shop has offered shite since the Nick Rowe/early Skint days.

Agree with both these comments. I never buy replica shirts, and I have hats, scarves, mugs etc, so if I go to the shop, or look on-line, there's nothing that interests me.

We've had other threads on here before talking (or 'moaning' if you want to be negative) about the merchandise on offer, and the general consensus is that it could be improved. And no, there's no point writing to the club as no doubt the reply will be along the lines that customer satisfaction analysis, focus group surveys and fan feedback all indicate that everybody's really happy with the range of merchandise currently on offer.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For Christmas I got jnr the Brighton version of this:-

manchester-united-subb-tshirt_design_small.jpg

Not too 'harmful' unless your Subbuteo or BHAFC :lol: :facepalm:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This was utter genius.

dunkduffy.jpeg

Seriously, the club should be speaking to the creative talent behind their shirts and getting him on board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here