Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Teegulls

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was utter genius.

Attachment 94185

Seriously, the club should be speaking to the creative talent behind their shirts and getting him on board.
    Can't imagine the club touching that or the Locadia one with a barge-pole... not worth the legal letters from Dunkin Donuts and Coca Cola.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nigeyb View Post
      Attachment 94190
      Teegulls got mentioned in two successive episodes of Albion Roar. Perhaps it was this publicity that sounded the death knell?
      Obviously promoting it was a bit stupid of them.

0 Not allowed!
      I remember in the mid 90s the club selling t shirts that were based on Carlsberg and Guinness. Funny how times change
      'Cause I know that you know that we know they don't know what's going on.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd not noticed they'd gone, but I did think it was only a matter of time before the big club machine stamped down on them. I don't know if it's that, but that's what I'd be guessing at.

There's no place for timely, whimsical, innovative and imaginative design.
      @Bozza you probably wont/dont want to/cant reply but from a few recent posts there seems to be a bit of animosity reading between the lines between you and the club, no need to reply just interested in what the thankless task is. I dont even know how you find the time to do this "job"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      On side note (maybe a vbulletin thing) can it be made so that when you quote someone you dont get a notification in new quotes?

0 Not allowed!
      This was utter genius.

Attachment 94185

Seriously, the club should be speaking to the creative talent behind their shirts and getting him on board.
      My son bought me one of those for Christmas. I hadn't seen it before so was very happy.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

Teegulls

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      Obviously promoting it was a bit stupid of them.
      Right, I'll bite.

Why would you set up a business that was based around the football team and NOT want it promoted to the very people who'll buy the wares (excuse the pun).

I was on one of the shows that mentioned Teegulls and we ALL do it. Ade and Al promoted my blog, I put that show (and others I've not been on) on social media, and we've all posted on here and circulated info about The Albion Mag, Nick S's book, TSLR, NSK merchandise and doubtless other stuff. And I don't mean that any of that is asked for. We're a community. AFAIK Ade mentioned it because he liked the tshirts.

The sin here is that some of the stuff probably sailed too close to very heavily protected image rights. It's a shame they were closed down before I got my lazy butt round to ordering an El Galgo (or a Bong which was also a classic) but I'll make sure I'm not so tardy when something starts back up.

Finally, as @Bozza says, the club is cracking down on the talent available to it in the most bloody minded way. Not only would these guys' tshirts look great in the club shop but some of the more recent suggestions on targeted marketing and ticketing have been the sort of useful constructive criticism the club should be reacting to in a positive manner.

Not very #together this PL lark is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Guinness Boy; 14-02-2018 at 21:34.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      @Bozza you probably wont/dont want to/cant reply but from a few recent posts there seems to be a bit of animosity reading between the lines between you and the club, no need to reply just interested in what the thankless task is. I dont even know how you find the time to do this "job"
      No animosity at all, at least from me (and none I'm aware of from the club towards me).

I think the club gets a huge amount of stuff right (£18 / £6 tickets for Coventry, 4 tickets per STH as an example), but I'll not be shy at saying where I think they've got it wrong (social media buffonery). My tone is often overly-saturated with sarcasm though - something I could probably improve on however!
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      Damn big time as was about to buy one but got distracted last week.

The official club shop merchandise is uninspiring to say the least, last thing I got was the Gnome
      Sounds like a nasty STD.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk