Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Having seen his previous fights I think that he just got his tactics wrong yesterday and a decent trainer would have seen that in the videos and not let him just charge in regardless. I do believe that he got no help from the ref who allowed Groves to continually hold him to stop him punching but that is a tactic that often happens and should be dealt with by the ref.

If anything the ref was pro Eubank. There was at least one knock down in that fight imo and possibly two which the ref ignored. There was nothing Groves was doing in the hold that was illegal he was legitimately tying junior up on the ropes when he was charging in like an amateur and CEJ had no answer to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If anything the ref was pro Eubank. There was at least one knock down in that fight imo and possibly two which the ref ignored. There was nothing Groves was doing in the hold that was illegal he was legitimately tying junior up on the ropes when he was charging in like an amateur and CEJ had no answer to it.

I disagree as there wasnt 1 knockdown as I saw it both were slips not the result of punches. I accept that what Groves did was within the rules but I do not agree with those tactics being allowed I believe they should be stopped so that fighters had to rely on their defence and ringcraft.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Eubank did look the smaller man. I guess they agreed to take this fight because they thought Groves had a glass chin due to his fights with Froch and others.

Unfortunately, you have to the right technique to exploit that.

I did lose a bit of money, as I was rooting for the Sussex fighter. No sentiment should be used in gambling.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0184.JPG

Twitter can be so cruel..lol

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
View attachment 94343

Twitter can be so cruel..lol

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

Got back from Manchester a couple of hours ago, one of the topics of conversation in the car coming back was CEJ’s private thoughts.

Obviously the apple didn’t fall very far from the tree, but also 50% of his genes is from his Mum, who got shot of the old man years ago.

His Dad has turned CEJ into a national figure of fun, in private moments does he sit there and think this ?

The build up to this fight is a case in point in itself, but nothing will change, Senior needs CEJ to maintain his profile, that is unless Seb gets a few wins under his belt and turns into a contender?

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Chris Eubank Jr is a covert egomaniac who thrives off playing this 'super human' crap he and his Dad have created through videos of him running around, screaming in agony to show how super human Eubank Jr really is. He talks as if he's unbeatable referring to himself as "a Mountain which Groves won't be able to climb". Eubanks weaknesses were exposed by losing to BJS. He's a poor boxer but a good brawler. Against BJS, Eubank threw shots which took his own feet off the floor. He looked so out of his depth at times. It was only BJS lack of stamina in the later rounds which gave Eubank any glimmer of hope. Had it been a fit BJS, like now, he would've won every round comfortably. Considering BJS was completely gassed for the last few rounds of that fight and is a middle weight, Eubanks power wasn't putting him down or wobbling him. How's he going to cope against a super middle weight?

My Prediction is: Groves will target the body draining Eubanks super human energy which will allow Groves boxing skills to give him the advantage and control of the fight. Eubanks will look desperate come the latter end of the fight.

Groves on points.

Spot on the money.i thought the same after seeing bjs fight

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Spot on the money.i thought the same after seeing bjs fight

For some reason, lots of people were claiming CEJ was a much improved boxer since then?

I hadn't seen any difference in him since that fight. All he's done since then was box stationary targets. He hasn't changed in the slightest. Eubanks will never beat a slick boxer. The man is a fraud.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For some reason, lots of people were claiming CEJ was a much improved boxer since then?

I hadn't seen any difference in him since that fight. All he's done since then was box stationary targets. He hasn't changed in the slightest. Eubanks will never beat a slick boxer. The man is a fraud.

And a fraud that filled an arena on nothing more than good old fashioned bullshit

mooey

Mar 30, 2012

CEJ even stated he was too slow in starting against BJS and than pretty much did the same thing against Groves.CEJ would be better off cage fighting or something anytime he comes up against a decent boxer he will just be outclassed.It made me chuckle when Groves said he won because he wanted it more in the post match interview.As CEJ had said in press conference before the fight the reason he would win is because he wanted it more.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012

CEJ even stated he was too slow in starting against BJS and than pretty much did the same thing against Groves.CEJ would be better off cage fighting or something anytime he comes up against a decent boxer he will just be outclassed.It made me chuckle when Groves said he won because he wanted it more in the post match interview.As CEJ had said in press conference before the fight the reason he would win is because he wanted it more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here