Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is your favourite “Big Six” team?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mrs Jakarta's huge family (her Mum was one of seven hence she has squillions of cousins) were all Liverpool based although now dispersed all over the UK and abroad.

Some nephews support Everton and some Liverpool so I do keep an eye on how both teams are doing, if only to have a go at them when I we meet up...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Have enormous respect for just how good Man City are at the moment.
Always liked Arsene Wenger and enjoy Arsenal, even though they were my second most hated team as a kid (1960s).
Supported Liverpool as a kid.
Ambivalent about Chelsea.
Don't like Tottenham.
Would support the Iraqi national guard against Man Utd.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Man U are the team created for all to hate, there is just nothing positive about them.
Tottenham cheated us out of promotion with their match fixing (allegedly).
Liverpool I don't know why but I have always had a dislike for them nothing to base it on.h
Man City didn't mind them but since the bazillion of oil money a bit much entitlement.
Chelsea are the unpopular kid at school who tries to buy their way into the cool bang but no one really likes them
which leaves Arsenal and the only saving grace for them is my first ever live game was at Highbury when they beat united -0.
so very little love for any of them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Liverpool. My team until I was 9 years old, and whilst a student up North I used to stand on the Kop.

Dad comes from Tottenham, so I have a soft spot for them.

Man City - I still remember them as those plucky neighbours. Enjoying their style today.

Arsenal - meh, but Arsene has that effect

Chelsea - double meh

Man Utd - triple meh (which is an improvement on the active dislike I used to have for them.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I suppose the question is better formed by asking which of the big six you would choose to succeed most. In my case it's Arsenal. Don't know why. I've always liked Wenger though.

Actively disagree.

I cannot stand Wenger. The worst loser ever and nothing is ever his fault. Got lucky with Henry and Vieira ( he didn’t sign Bergkamp) and done nothing since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Looking at some of the replies, should the question be - "Out of the British teams left in the Champions League who would you most like to win it?"

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some of the answers in this thread made me cringe.

I love watching Liverpool attack, it's so fast and brutal, Spurs developing a lot of English talent is a huge plus and when Alli, Kane and co are on form they're great to watch. City are unreal, amazing team, amazing manager. I just couldn't imagine being so narrow minded and unable to admire some of the best in the world doing what they do. I bloody hate it when they do it against us but I enjoy a good game of football. I feel sorry for you people who refuse to look past the AMEX at other people who kick a ball about.

The thread isn’t about which teams you admire. It’s ‘who is your favourite’. Hence the responses.
I grew up admiring and disliking Liverpool in equal measure. I (and it looks like many others) feel the same way about the current top 6 and the idea of choosing a favourite from amongst them is just a little too touristy/premier league soccer/Sky tv for most.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In anticipation of the Sky Sports nazis sooner or later outlawing the support of any other PL team than the Holy Six, I’ve been mulling over which team I would choose. My order of preference would be:

Spurs - localish, rather fond of Harry, and least poncy of the London clubs
Liverpool - entertaining, in love with Mo Salah, and big history
Man City - undeniably very good at playing football, Kev’s amazing, but just a bit dull in their predictable brilliance
Man Utd - yawn
Arsenal - stupid flags and poncy twats
Chelsea - twatish

How about the rest of you?

(Note I resisted the urge to post a poll, but if public demand is there....)

This thread us USELESS without a POLL.

I always make appropriate noises when Liverpool are on round my mate's house (he's a born and bred scouser), but this season all my rooting has been strategic (I root for any team safely above us who are playing any team around or below us) and this has caused a certain amount of froidure when I'm rooting, say, for Chelski when they are playing against, say, Stains, and my mate has only the impact on Liverpool's prospects on his mnd.....

But in reality, I have no time for any of them, although I rather perversely always root for UK teams in Europe (dates back to the days when the likes of Leeds were routinely cheated in Europe by corrupt players and officials, and a load of poncified neo-facists from Spain and Italy won everything, before Liverpool - ironically - turned the tables). Yes, I was anti EU entirely because we never won anything (Man U doesn't count - never did and never will).

Footbally - the perfect arena for contrariness, irrationality and contradictions :lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'll go as far as to say I dislike Man U and Chelsea the most

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tottenham.

Good side and play the game as it should.

If brighton go down, I will root for them instead next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here