Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is your favourite “Big Six” team?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In anticipation of the Sky Sports nazis sooner or later outlawing the support of any other PL team than the Holy Six, I’ve been mulling over which team I would choose. My order of preference would be:

Spurs - localish, rather fond of Harry, and least poncy of the London clubs
Liverpool - entertaining, in love with Mo Salah, and big history
Man City - undeniably very good at playing football, Kev’s amazing, but just a bit dull in their predictable brilliance
Man Utd - yawn
Arsenal - stupid flags and poncy twats
Chelsea - twatish

How about the rest of you?

(Note I resisted the urge to post a poll, but if public demand is there....)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I suppose the question is better formed by asking which of the big six you would choose to succeed most. In my case it's Arsenal. Don't know why. I've always liked Wenger though.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Big sixes do change.

It is just Middle East toy money that has set it up in its current form.

Man City, Spurs and Chelsea were not all that in 80s and 90s.

Everton and Forest were up there back in the 80s

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I support Brighton and have done for 70+ years but I follow with interest Spurs and their results etc and have done since 1951 but undoubtedly my team is BRIGHTON

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Why anyone would think about another team and is over 10 yrs old probably wants to be on their (insert big 6) forum and not this one
I wouldn’t like to think that my love of the Albion forbade me from thinking about or having an opinion on other teams. Why would it? Anyway, it’s a purely hypothetical question, which requires a little bit of imagination and “letting go”. So come on, play the game!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I suppose the question is better formed by asking which of the big six you would choose to succeed most. In my case it's Arsenal. Don't know why. I've always liked Wenger though.

The better question would have been which of them is the least loathsome and reprehensible.

Personally I despise Man City the least, mainly becuase they are the better rivals to the one I despise the most.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Don't have a favourite of the clubs of course, I'm not some dual-team plastic. Liverpool and Man City's styles of play in particular are great to watch though as a neutral

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Good point Nix. I always used to want Arsenal to win because for a while they were the only team that had a chance of stopping Man United from winning everything. Obviously that was a while ago....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some hilariously childish responses to this thread so far. Well played everyone :clap2:

Out of the top six, I probably prefer Spurs. I quite like how they play, and most of the Spurs fans I know are pretty decent.

larus

From growing up in the 70’s and remembering the Erupean games on TV then, when it seemed to matter much more, I’ve always liked Liverpool. I support Brighton and only Brighton, although I’d prefer Liverpool to be the most successful of the top 6.

I hate Man U.
Don’t like Chelsea.
Hate what Man C are doing to the Premier League (even worse than what’s happened in previous years IMO).
Used to hate Arsenal but I think they are a great team to watch when they play well.
Tottenham are just meh to me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Some hilariously childish responses to this thread so far. Well played everyone :clap2:

Out of the top six, I probably prefer Spurs. I quite like how they play, and most of the Spurs fans I know are pretty decent.

Personally I find it hilariously childish to like more than one team, but that's just me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here