Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is your favourite “Big Six” team?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't stand City or Chelsea for the financial inflation they caused, especially the former who are essentially just a PR front to cover up human rights abuses at home.

Rest not massively fussed. I know a few fans of the various big clubs and the Man Utd ones are by far the most amiable and least "up themselves".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The "big six" are a complete irrelevance, unless we're in the position of needing them to dry-hump some of the teams around us. How can I have a "favourite", when there's only 1 team out of the 92 that I give a shit about ? I've actually found it WEIRD this season watching the likes of Man U and Liverpool against the dreck who are propping us up, and hoping they do them over.

Just like every other club outside of BHA, I only have varying levels of dislike, disdain or indifference to everyone else. I admit to having a slight soft spot for Plymouth, but its still 75% indifference. I can go months forgetting that they exist.

A "favourite" top 6 team ?? Do behave. :facepalm:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't stand City or Chelsea for the financial inflation they caused, especially the former who are essentially just a PR front to cover up human rights abuses at home.

Rest not massively fussed. I know a few fans of the various big clubs and the Man Utd ones are by far the most amiable and least "up themselves".

Personal experiences. I've always found both ManUre and Chelski fans the most arrogant, not just your archetypal bad losers but also bad winners, being quite vindictive in victory. Horrible to work with, and despite success for their adopted clubs, surprisingly hateful toward a stack of other clubs and people.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
All of the top 6 clubs represent EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern football - I cannot wait for them all to f*ck off to some european super league and leave domestic, English football for good.

That said, as a Manc for the first 20 years of my life I did visit Maine Rd regularly... but the club I supported back then has long since disappeared.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Not sure how you can watch City at the moment and not be in awe. Underestimated how incredibly well trained they are

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I SUPPORT one team. That doesn't stop me LIKING other teams. I'm not going to buy their shirt and start cheering them in their matches, but I can still like them.
Exactly this. I don't understand this, 'I support my club, so I must by definition hate the other 91' attitude. I don't support any of them them, but I still like some more than others.
I'd ask those who have this one club only and hate all the others view to think back, if they are old enough, to the days when the FA Cup final mattered and was the only football on TV.
Did you not pick a team for the day on Cup Final day and cheer for them to win the Cup? Really? Just about everybody else did, then!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
In anticipation of the Sky Sports nazis sooner or later outlawing the support of any other PL team than the Holy Six, I’ve been mulling over which team I would choose. My order of preference would be:

Spurs - localish, rather fond of Harry, and least poncy of the London clubs
Liverpool - entertaining, in love with Mo Salah, and big history
Man City - undeniably very good at playing football, Kev’s amazing, but just a bit dull in their predictable brilliance
Man Utd - yawn
Arsenal - stupid flags and poncy twats
Chelsea - twatish

How about the rest of you?

(Note I resisted the urge to post a poll, but if public demand is there....)

None of the above

BHA only

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Exactly this. I don't understand this, 'I support my club, so I must by definition hate the other 91' attitude. I don't support any of them them, but I still like some more than others.
I'd ask those who have this one club only and hate all the others view to think back, if they are old enough, to the days when the FA Cup final mattered and was the only football on TV.
Did you not pick a team for the day on Cup Final day and cheer for them to win the Cup? Really? Just about everybody else did, then!

I wanted the smaller team to win. Never the ‘big six.’ So for instance I wanted Southampton to beat Man Utd and Man Utd to beat Liverpool. That lasted for 90 minutes.
Hope that helps.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wanted the smaller team to win. Never the ‘big six.’ Hope that helps.

I'm talking about before we had the big six! Occasionally we had a 2nd. division vs. 1st. division clash, but often the Cup Final was between two teams of roughly equal status. It still is, I suppose - usually between two of the big six!

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I'm talking about before we had the big six! Occasionally we had a 2nd. division vs. 1st. division clash, but often the Cup Final was between two teams of roughly equal status. It still is, I suppose - usually between two of the big six!

Hope that helps.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You beat me to it. I edited my post above. There is a huge difference between hoping one team beats another on a given day and actually liking another team.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Can't stand any of the clubs and fans.

I enjoy seeing some of the big stars - KDB, Aguero, Salah and Hazard - when they are brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

It would have been whichever club my elder brother WASN'T supporting...

I really don't get why you think those of us old enough to recall an important FA cup (as opposed to the 'Reserves Cup' we have now) would somehow harbour any sentimentality for teams supported for just 90 mins, decades ago and, in my case, only supported out of spite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here