Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "So let's go to the excellent stadium that is Fratton Park"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll honestly never forget that game. Pompey were pretty much relegated, we needed the points for play-offs and we were playing so badly, it looked like they might nick it. On 60mins on came Vicente, and it was as clear a match changing performance for 30mins as you could ever wish to see. Complete transformation of the game. For those 30mins, Vicente owned the pitch, the stadium, my heart even. He was majestic, almost ballet like in his movement and balance. He was the conductor of our orchestra, playing balls into the spaces he wanted our players to be. He had opposition players tackling shadows. He was some player. Not something I'll ever forget.

1min 33secs he goes passed someone without touching the ball...:love:

Tremendous performance. Remind me again who we were playing - slipped my mind.....:wink:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Guinness Boy;8335954 (P.S. whisper it but only Poyet could have got Vicente to play for us) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
Shame he didn't have the foresight to get him to play in the playoffs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While I don't have a lot of affection for PFC, I do have some affection for Fratton Park, I was after all born just around the corner at St Mary's Hospital. Fratton Park is one of the few remaining examples in use still today of the Scottish architect Archibald Leitch's work at the turn of the 20th century, and the South Stand is still a special place to watch a game if you have any appreciation of the architecture of football stands of this era. Unfortunately the pitch side appearance has been altered somewhat from the original with a gantry and such, but the terrace and seating and concourse underneath still retains some of the charm. Leitch worked on a whole host of football grounds from this period of swelling interest in football, including Old Trafford, Goodison, Craven Cottage, Ibrox, Villa Park, Hillsborough, The Dell, Bramall Lane, Highbury as well as many others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here