Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "So let's go to the excellent stadium that is Fratton Park"

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
In my own eloquent way (and why Harry Wilson's tackle loves me), I ****ing despise that arsewipe of a club and it's vacuous turd status of a fanbase.

One club I would happily see reduced to a distant memory. And I don't say that lightly seeing as what almost happened to us.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was certainly there - I just don't remember which mugs we were playing. Apologies if I forgot about Vicente kung fooing the tattood twerp, if that is what happened....otherwise, pompie mean so little to me I probably can't even spell it :ascarf::thumbsup:

I'll honestly never forget that game. Pompey were pretty much relegated, we needed the points for play-offs and we were playing so badly, it looked like they might nick it. On 60mins on came Vicente, and it was as clear a match changing performance for 30mins as you could ever wish to see. Complete transformation of the game. For those 30mins, Vicente owned the pitch, the stadium, my heart even. He was majestic, almost ballet like in his movement and balance. He was the conductor of our orchestra, playing balls into the spaces he wanted our players to be. He had opposition players tackling shadows. He was some player. Not something I'll ever forget.

1min 33secs he goes passed someone without touching the ball...:love:

Last edited:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm glad that places like Fratton Park and Selhurst still exist.

In the 21st Century when every club has a nice new stadium, these 'grounds' provide important working educational facilities, which show our children and grandchildren how people used to watch football (and behave) in Victorian times.

It's like the football equivalent of the Weald and Downland open air museum isn't it?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Such a massive club compared to Brighton as they reminded us on many occasions when we were in turmoil .....average 16000 at home now which is good for their div,only 4000 less than they averaged in their premier hey days of 20000. Us over 30000.
Twats

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll honestly never forget that game. Pompey were pretty much relegated, we needed the points for play-offs and we were playing so badly, it looked like they might nick it. On 60mins on came Vicente, and it was as clear a match changing performance for 30mins as you could ever wish to see. Complete transformation of the game. For those 30mins, Vicente owned the pitch, the stadium, my heart even. He was majestic, almost ballet like in his movement and balance. He was the conductor of our orchestra, playing balls into the spaces he wanted our players to be. He had opposition players tackling shadows. He was some player. Not something I'll ever forget.

I remember it like it was yesterday. More beautiful than Scarlett Johansson serving up a Michelin 3 star meal in the Sistine Chapel.

I made my son watch that exact video and he did so open mouthed.

Meanwhile Mr Portsmouth Football Club was stinking out the away end with hilarious homophobic banter and his Bell End.

Beauty and The Beast.

#Twats

(P.S. whisper it but only Poyet could have got Vicente to play for us)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I've never minded that club.

Instead I find both Stains (tw*t Rupert Lowe, just one boring song, Adkins & a lifetime of local BBC/ITV bias) and Bmuff, irritating.

Me too. We are up against Stains and Bournemouth for cock of the south bragging rights. Muh Pompey...who cares?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

Lovely to see the embrace of two brothers united in football - CMS and Vicente.

CMS back on target again tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here