Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

If you could only have one would you chose to win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 152 44.8%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 187 55.2%

• Total voters

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Win the F.A cup all day long.All things being equal we will at best be a mid table prem team.So we support s team that’s only ambition is to stay where they are.If we win the F.A cup,that can never be taken away from us.Im not saying we should prioritize the F.A cup but if given the choice I would rather win a trophy.Not many teams outside the big 6 win trophy’s so if you get the chance I think you should take it.
We are not Portsmouth & Wigan who lived for the here & now we are a well managed club who live to our means meaning that we will be in a strong position to get back in the PL should we go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how Tony Bloom, PB and CH would vote?....I’m with them :wink:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It took us so long to get hear and now people would prefer to win the FA Cup than play top flight football, for Christ sake it madness.

I could probably bet that most Coventry City supporters would rather be in our position now and forfeit the FA Cup win, their situation is very similar to ours back in 83.

I think you are taking the thread a bit too seriously, it's just a hypothetical question. :wink:

I think you maybe right, in that case f**k it, FA Cup win it is and b***ocks to the Premier League. :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It almost defies belief that nearly 150 people voted for a cup final win

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
This thread is a better measure of who wants instant gratification and who is prepared to wait a little longer for the possibility of something even better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This thread is a better measure of who wants instant gratification and who is prepared to wait a little longer for the possibility of something even better.

Exactly I struggle to get my head around votes for going back to the Championship for a minimum of a season for a day out at Wembley and a shit European campaign against no mark European clubs. We’d be lucky to get through the first round in Europe. Unless of course we met the Cup winners from Andorra or Malta

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly I struggle to get my head around votes for going back to the Championship for a minimum of a season for a day out at Wembley and a shit European campaign against no mark European clubs. We’d be lucky to get through the first round in Europe. Unless of course we met the Cup winners from Andorra or Malta
The same people would problem moan about next season starting in June and perhaps suggest we bin off European football in favour of 'guaranteeing' promotion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Is it?

Or is it a realisation that there is no “better”. How can there be?

Are you suggesting we can break into the top six?

Otherwise we have season after season of trying to stay in this league, and personally I’d rather have a bit of cup glory in amongst that even if it means we face relegation from which we will recover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here