Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

If you could only have one would you chose to win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 152 44.8%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 187 55.2%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I must add the caveat that although I've voted 'Cup' (and I'm pleasantly surprised that the Romantics amongst us aren't completely outnumbered), I want to WIN it. I do not want to get to the final, lose, and also get relegated. Been there. Done that.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yes it did, they now a major trophy on their domestic honours list. Unlike us, or the NigeLLLLLLs for that matter.

And imagine winning a trophy before them! An additional bonus.

As for Wigan, they will probably go up this year and into the top division once again some day in the not too distant future. Football doesn't begin and end in the Premier League.

All true. Also we still like to bang on about the Charity Shield that we won over 100 years ago! We've won nothing since. A Cup win will give us untold bragging rights over them up the road, even if it comes with a temporary loss of our top division status.

We're going to get relegated at some stage in the future, let's go down with a bit of glory. (My post above this nothwithstanding).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't think we are going to win the FA Cup, nor do I think we will be relegated. But if you offered me the straight choice, win the FA Cup all day long. After all we WILL get relegated from the premier league at some point, whether its this year, next or in the future, and we will get promoted back up at some point, but FA Cup wins come along - well, never in our history

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Win FA Cup value over all rounds = 2.7 million ish then probable 1.8 for Europa cup visit
Stay up value = 128 million ish

It's a toughy .

Yeah it's really tough.

Because the dream of every football fan is:
To have the best financial performance possible!

And we're going up
To increase our revenue to circa 130m
For Sussex by the Sea
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
One million percent to win the FA Cup.

To win the FA CUP would mean our boys had pulled off one of the biggest shocks in football history. We should be 100/1 to win the FA Cup - we have no realistic chance of beating 3, or even 2, big clubs in a row and away from The Amex. If we did it then it would be immense. The only danger is I might not be there to see it as I don't like spending a lot of money going to games I expect us to lose (but that would only be my problem).

If we go down then we will be even money to be back up again in the PL within 3 years.

This, this and thrice THIS.

We are fortunate to support a well-run club that has a solid foundation - there's every chance we'd be back up the following season or at least the one after (with parachute payments softening the financial blow).

An FA cup win would be massive - far more significant than just one more season of guaranteed premier league football.

Fast forward 10 years - which you'd prefer out of:
1 season in the premier league & an FA cup win, then 9 in the championship
2 seasons in the premier league then 8 in the championship

No brainer!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Really? May have been a question back in 83, but now? Top flight I’m afraid. Does anyone know whose in the top 6 of the championship because I don’t have a clue.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stay Up , keep our squad intact and build .

Win the cup but go down then i reckon we would lose at least 5 top players , contracts mean naff all these days .

Has to be stay up for me , though i do know we will win the FA Cup at some point as a bloke called Dave down the pub told me so .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Coventry City will always look back on FA Cup glory, I'm sure? :facepalm:
Absolutely yes. One of the reasons why they sold 4.6K tickets in a few hours for the game on Saturday.

The 1987 Wembley win is a huge part of their club's identity and reputation. This poll is the definitive no brainer for me.

I suspect there might be an age bias in the responses. I would love it if the Albion could win a major trophy in my lifetime...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
100% Cup
I would consider getting a tattoo.
I wouldn't get a tattoo for staying up.
Actually, I wouldn't get a tattoo .... you don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferarri.
Wouldn't need one anyway .... it would live with me forever.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
FA CUP... it goes in the records books and to pick up the first ever major bit of silverware would serve longer in the memory... Brighton will be back in the prem anyway after a cpl of seasons. They won't do a Wigan or Portsmouth because they have managed their finances better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am 74 but I still think that if we can stay up this year and build on what we already have squad wise we will win a major trophy during my lifetime but if we get relegated I dont see us coming back in a few seasons.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stay up, every time... FA cup final this season, and win in next season with a 4-0 thumping of Man U! ;-)...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here