Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

If you could only have one would you chose to win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 152 44.8%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 187 55.2%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If you can only have one which would you want?

I know the gut reaction is to say stay up for all the financial reasons, but how often will we win a major trophy?

I'd therefore vote FA Cup.

I understand all the financial issues but we are fans not owners. Surely that is all about the glory. I am pretty confident if we went down that we could get up in a season or two as well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
One million percent to win the FA Cup.

To win the FA CUP would mean our boys had pulled off one of the biggest shocks in football history. We should be 100/1 to win the FA Cup - we have no realistic chance of beating 3, or even 2, big clubs in a row and away from The Amex. If we did it then it would be immense. The only danger is I might not be there to see it as I don't like spending a lot of money going to games I expect us to lose (but that would only be my problem).

If we go down then we will be even money to be back up again in the PL within 3 years.

Jimmy Grimble

Didn't we do this last week?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tough one. Tempted to say stay up, but who wants survival as a perennial goal.

Cup Final win it is!

fa-cup-trophy_1h6bngkwouplh1tpbvpy9nc1ev.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've seen us avoid relegation before.
I've never seen us lift the FA cup, therefore it's European football in the championship for me.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I've seen us avoid relegation before.
I've never seen us lift the FA cup, therefore it's European football in the championship for me.

Yep - this.

Apart from anything else, the thread on here about loyalty points and ticket unfairness for Rubin Kazan away, will pay for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's next Disney holiday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stay up. We can win the FA Cup next season (or /and qualify for Europe). :D

This is the correct answer. If we become established in the Premier a cup will follow at some time in the future. As regards European football is there not a directive that the competing teams must be in their national top league for qualification.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would refer you to my answer given in the numerous previous threads asking exactly the same question

As a word of caution for all those getting carried away with winning the FA Cup, I would suggest you cast your minds back 1981/82 11 First Division teams had been knocked out in the 3rd Round (Manchester United, Arsenal, Swansea, Southampton, Everton, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, Birmingham City, Stoke City, Middlesborough, Wolves) with a further 3 guaranteed to go in Round 4 as playing each other. Therefore a path to the Cup Final was looking possible.

Result dumped out at home 0-3 by a team in the 3rd Division who failed to get promoted that season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here