Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

If you could only have one would you chose to win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 152 44.8%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 187 55.2%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Voted PL.

In this simplistic binary choice, simply to secure the club's financial future, plus taking the long term strain away from TB's personal funds.

I realise that the recent FAC/LC wins for Pompey, Wigan and Birmingham were amazing and can never be taken away from their fans, but they're also examples of huge struggles for many years once relegated from the PL.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This is the correct answer. If we become established in the Premier a cup will follow at some time in the future. As regards European football is there not a directive that the competing teams must be in their national top league for qualification.

Will it? West Brom, Palace, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham, Stoke, Everton and Bournemouth are all pretty established in the Prem. When did any of them last win an FA Cup?

And on your second point, both Birmingham and Wigan have recently played European football whilst in the Championship.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Staying up is a rubbish ambition, although I can see why the club would want it. To win a cup, even a devalued one, would be monumental.

Fulham will always look back on their European run and Wigan their FA Cup success.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My problem is if we stay up and our club gets ransacked of all our quality players in the summer and we go down next year without a whimper. You would then rue the day you voting stay up on NSC, be told....

Cup win all day long.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In an ideal world I would like to beat Coventry and the draw Man City, Chelsea or Tottenham and go for it and if needs be get beat. If we get relegated I can see us struggling for a couple of seasons to get back up.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
In an ideal world I would like to beat Coventry and the draw Man City, Chelsea or Tottenham and go for it and if needs be get beat.

Nope. In an IDEAL world we'll beat Coventry, then get drawn at home to Rochdale in the QF.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No because that would continue our participation which I do not want and dont think we need the distraction I would like to see us put up a good show against one of those three and go out 3-2. I believe that would give us great confidence for the run in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My preferred option is to get 9 points in the next 3 games and then concentrate on the Cup.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I voted Cup. Can you just imagine Bruno climbing those stairs, wiping his hands on his beard, shaking hands with Dale Winton (the royals are otherwise engaged) and hoisting the famous old trophy aloft in front of a deafening, thronging sea of blue and white ? THATS what following football is all about. memorable days like that, not scrambling to 17th.

Relegation would not be terminal. We've finished in the top 6 of the Championship in 4 of the last 5 seasons, and with Sir Chris still at the helm, we'd be well placed for another tilt at promotion. I'd be confident of a return in the not too distant future. The club well run these days, its geared for PL football.

Cup cup CUP

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Glory (FA Cup win) all day long, but only if you can guarantee we'll win it.

You can't, of course, so Premier League comes first I guess.

PS Shame the big teams weren't drawn together in this round. QF could include....

Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City
Chelsea
Leicester City
Swansea City
Southampton

... and our record against them isn't great.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here