Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For season ticket holders only: Are you going on Saturday?

Are you going on Saturday?

• I am a season ticket holder and I have a ticket for Saturday

Votes: 267 77.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder and I intend to buy a ticket for Saturday

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • I am a season ticket holder and I’m NOT going on Saturday

Votes: 53 15.3%
  • I am NOT a season ticket holder. I just wanted to vote

Votes: 21 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, as Bozza said somewhere, the openness has almost certainly helped tickets sales.

If it was 'reserve/get your ST seats' I would have booked the usual two seats, without thinking of others. As it is, I'm taking three extra fans.

Fair enough, maybe that 'usual seats' thing might be a bit precise. But an upstairs/downstairs option may well have boosted ticket sales earlydoors. Soon as ESU opened, folks were buying clumps of 4 or 5 tickets. If you're accustomed to a high-level view of the game, it's understandable that a low-level view of same might not hold anything like the same appeal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
With hindsight, it should have been:

[All stadium open from day one]

STH only (own seats) for a day or two
STH only (any seats) with +3 option
Then members etc free-for-all

Not sure that would work for QF if it happens. STH take-up will be much higher I guess.

Anyway...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What? £18 plus transport (£12 Seagull Travel if that far west).
Going but annoyed I bought lower east rather than wait for better seats in my normal upper east.
Taking non ST holders as well.
Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware that you had access to my bank accounts and knew exactly how much money I had to spend.

In future I will make sure I forgo the extra spending I've done already this month on my car and new school shoes for the kids.
I'll perhaps also scrimp on food through till payday, just to make sure I can go one bloody football match.

Jeeez.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Going, and miffed that I don't get to sit in my usual seat in the Upper West coz I bought early.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah, I'm going but I doubt thus thread will prove anything.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes EU but different seat. I do hope with all these intruders from other parts of ground it wont be too noisy

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Always a good opportunity to change stands for cup games. I'm in WSL and looking forward to a few goals - let's hope they're ours.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I'm going but I doubt thus thread will prove anything.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Poll is to gauge how many STH aren't going/interested, that's all. About 20%, according to this small, non-scientific sample.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for the quote, hadn't seen that.

Would be nice tho if just this once Barber held his hand up and admitted the club got it wrong. Saturday 3pm kick-off, 5th round of the FA Cup, and STH haven't been given the default option of choosing their normal ST seat. OK, all seats have an equally great view of the pitch. But some seats are more equal than others. The bulk of STH choose their specific seat for quite specific reasons. Would have been a bit of a no-brainer to offer them the option of that same seat for Saturday's game.

What does he need to hold his hand up to now ?

Or is this your animosity towards him, the only better thing may have been offer all of the East to Coventry then put all on for sale

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Yes X 2 but wish usual seats in the upper tiers had been available from the start.

IF we get through and IF we get a home Q/F prey.gif Will surely open all stands straight away.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why would the club make such a disingenuous claim - assuming they actually did, not seen it it anywhere - other than to try and deflect from the fact that they appeared to make it as difficult as possible for the majority of season ticket holders to claim their usual seat? ???

In fact all ST holders given there was no period where the ST seat was reserved, which when combined with only lower tiers open meant a lucky dip as to whether you got your usual ST seat or even one close to it

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Yes - myself and my eldest are moving from upstairs to downstairs in the east.
Bringing along Mrs Upper Library and youngest UL. Quite looking forward to sitting in a different seat although still on same side of ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here