Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For season ticket holders only: Are you going on Saturday?

Are you going on Saturday?

• I am a season ticket holder and I have a ticket for Saturday

Votes: 267 77.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder and I intend to buy a ticket for Saturday

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • I am a season ticket holder and I’m NOT going on Saturday

Votes: 53 15.3%
  • I am NOT a season ticket holder. I just wanted to vote

Votes: 21 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes WSL and looking forward to it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club claims that, as of Monday night, 10k season ticket holders are yet to buy for Saturday.

Why would the club make such a disingenuous claim - assuming they actually did, not seen it it anywhere - other than to try and deflect from the fact that they appeared to make it as difficult as possible for the majority of season ticket holders to claim their usual seat? ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
STH
On hols in Guadeloupe atm. Back on Friday.
Haven't made a decision about Saturday yet

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Why would the club make such a disingenuous claim - assuming they actually did, not seen it it anywhere - other than to try and deflect from the fact that they appeared to make it as difficult as possible for the majority of season ticket holders to claim their usual seat? ???

Its a quote from Barber last night "With well over 10,000 season ticket holders yet to buy, it would be excellent if we could sell out yet another home fixture"
via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/february/west-upper-open-for-fa-cup-tie/
Its both true - i guess their records show that 10K STHolders are still not assigned to tickets purchased for Saturday - and not true, On other hand, many tickets sold were unassigned and were purchased on behalf of ST holders. Still guess there must be a sizeable, 1000s in fact, number of ST holders who aren't tempted by the match for various reasons. (take your pick)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Also taking someone who is pretending to be a season ticket holder as the ticketing system is shonky.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
STH but not going. will be in Wales celebrating Daughter's birthday

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Its a quote from Barber last night "With well over 10,000 season ticket holders yet to buy, it would be excellent if we could sell out yet another home fixture"
via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/february/west-upper-open-for-fa-cup-tie/
Still guess there must be a sizeable, 1000s in fact, number of ST holders who aren't tempted by the match for various reasons. (take your pick)

Aye. About one in five if this modest poll is any kind of indicator. So maybe 4000 or so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its both true - i guess their records show that 10K STHolders are still not assigned to tickets purchased for Saturday - and not true, On other hand, many tickets sold were unassigned and were purchased on behalf of ST holders. Still guess there must be a sizeable, 1000s in fact, number of ST holders who aren't tempted by the match for various reasons. (take your pick)

Thanks for the quote, hadn't seen that.

Would be nice tho if just this once Barber held his hand up and admitted the club got it wrong. Saturday 3pm kick-off, 5th round of the FA Cup, and STH haven't been given the default option of choosing their normal ST seat. OK, all seats have an equally great view of the pitch. But some seats are more equal than others. The bulk of STH choose their specific seat for quite specific reasons. Would have been a bit of a no-brainer to offer them the option of that same seat for Saturday's game.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Nope
Home games are further to travel than away games for me.
Although as it gets closer getting withdrawal symptoms

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks for the quote, hadn't seen that.

Would be nice tho if just this once Barber held his hand up and admitted the club got it wrong. Saturday 3pm kick-off, 5th round of the FA Cup, and STH haven't been given the default option of choosing their normal ST seat. OK, all seats have an equally great view of the pitch. But some seats are more equal than others. The bulk of STH choose their specific seat for quite specific reasons. Would have been a bit of a no-brainer to offer them the option of that same seat for Saturday's game.

I dunno, have they got it wrong? Is there anything particularly incorrect in opening the stadium up a stand at a time dependant on demand? Is an STH sitting in their own seat that big a deal in the big scheme of things? Amazing to think the amount of people saying 'we are doing the PL on the cheap' 'why haven't we spent £££m on a player yet' et al and yet the club operate a prudent cost conscious way of selling tickets for a cup game, and everyone seems to think its okay to run it at a loss - because I want to sit in my own seat, or my own stand. I honestly don't get it. Everyone who wants a ticket will be able to go to this game. We want the club run in a financially viable way when it suits us, then for a simple matter of sitting in a different place, its toys out of the pram. If I was funding the club like TB is, I'd be a bit FU to be honest at some of the comments (not yours in particular mind).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The bulk of STH choose their specific seat for quite specific reasons. Would have been a bit of a no-brainer to offer them the option of that same seat for Saturday's game.

Actually, as Bozza said somewhere, the openness has almost certainly helped tickets sales.

If it was 'reserve/get your ST seats' I would have booked the usual two seats, without thinking of others. As it is, I'm taking three extra fans.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No as am on holiday...Did Palace though and for some reason thought this weekend was an international break so booked a few days away in Spain!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here