Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transport in Brighton TIME FOR A UNDERGROUND SYSTEM.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
THPP has already pointed out that the buses are fully equipped to take wheelchairs, a lowering platform for those who aren't so sprightly, and bus passes for the elderly.
Have you bothered reading the posts? I've already pointed out that not everyone lives near a bus-stop, and they're not all traveling somewhere that's near a bus-stop either.
As I'm retired, I pop into Brighton or Eastbourne quite often, and see many disabled people happily using the buses.
Of course they do, but that doesn't mean there aren't many disabled people that aren't using the buses does it :facepalm:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That map is very good. It's even as confusing as the London Tube Map. Nick Cave having his own stop is a nice touch too. The stop at the Amex. Where would the best place for that to be situated then? As far away from Falmer station as possible I'd have thought.

How about a station above the stadium in Village Way South.... most of it would be underground of course, so you'd only need the entry and exit points at ground level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How about a station above the stadium in Village Way South.... most of it would be underground of course, so you'd only need the entry and exit points at ground level.

Wouldn't that interfere with the proposed stadium expansion plan that will come from lowering the pitch by a tier?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wouldn't that interfere with the proposed stadium expansion plan that will come from lowering the pitch by a tier?

Well, if we're doing that the interchange / station can be built beneath the stadium and the exits can come up onto the walkway around the periphery, with optional routes directly into the stadium at the turnstile gate areas (only open for match days).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Have you bothered reading the posts? I've already pointed out that not everyone lives near a bus-stop, and they're not all traveling somewhere that's near a bus-stop either.
Of course they do, but that doesn't mean there aren't many disabled people that aren't using the buses does it :facepalm:

How many areas in Brighton don't have bus routes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, if we're doing that the interchange / station can be built beneath the stadium and the exits can come up onto the walkway around the periphery, with optional routes directly into the stadium at the turnstile gate areas (only open for match days).

Yeah that makes sense.

Make it so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry, I'm a but short of cash at the moment. Shall we do a whip round?
If we all just bring a shovel to the next couple of games I reckon 25,000 people could knock it up in no time.

Ryan must have plenty of tunneling experience, it might be handy if his 6 friends could come along as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I fear the cost of a monorail system would be too prohibitive, so I'd like to propose a Zeppelin shuttle service from (say) the Old Steine to the Amex. History has shown that nothing can possibly go wrong with a Zeppelin.

Have you listened to the live commentary of the Hindenberg disaster? Its is truly shocking.....a bit OT but it crossed my mind.

el punal

I fear the cost of a monorail system would be too prohibitive, so I'd like to propose a Zeppelin shuttle service from (say) the Old Steine to the Amex. History has shown that nothing can possibly go wrong with a Zeppelin.

You don't need a Zeppelin, there are a few wind bags on here that will do the job admirably. :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many areas in Brighton don't have bus routes?
Plenty of homes would require you to go up hills to get to a road which has a bus stop on it. In a wheelchair hills aren't easy for a fit disabled person in good weather, let alone someone less fit in bad weather.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here