Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 116
  1. #91
    Everyday Is Like Sunday Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Seaside Town They Forgot To Close Down
    Posts
    51,927


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, rearranging the bus routes is overdue, The number 2 has been going all around the houses for nearly 100 years. Takes bloody ages.
    This. 5/5A/5B all trundle much the same way through the middle of town. Not one of of them does the bleeding obvious and take in Brighton station on their mindlessly-conceived trundle. Sake!
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #92
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      40,469


      0 Not allowed!
      Name:  DV6kBrXX0AAEtJz.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  203.7 KB
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

      .
    • #93
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      161


      0 Not allowed!
      There needs to be a bit more can-do attitude on here.

      Brighton too hilly for underground’s …. Pah? Just dig deeper, imagine how long the escalator from the racecourse underground station up to the top would be. It could be a record breaker. Anyway, Hong Kong are building in caverns under their hills. We should be too.
      Council budgets too stretched? … nonsense, lets engineer some growth

      I propose a hyperloop style underground system linking the following ….

      Brighton Station
      Churchill Square
      I360

      Then separate the lines ..

      The Zamora line goes

      King Alfred (but the KA would have to be made worth going to)
      Western Park and ride (created by bulldozing Fishersgate)

      The Ward line goes

      Marina
      Racecourse

      You could also take the Calderon line which goes in a V shape to the north

      Mill Road park and ride (now a permanent P&R)
      Patcham
      Fiveways
      Brighton Station
      The Level
      Mithras House
      Amex

      Then (as has been stated) pedestrianise the square between the KA, Brighton station and the Marina. Let the bike and the pedestrian be king.

      I await my next council tax bill with anticipation
    • #94

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That map is very good. It's even as confusing as the London Tube Map. Nick Cave having his own stop is a nice touch too. The stop at the Amex. Where would the best place for that to be situated then? As far away from Falmer station as possible I'd have thought.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #95
      NOT the Honey Badger Badger's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      9,823


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That map is very good. It's even as confusing as the London Tube Map. Nick Cave having his own stop is a nice touch too. The stop at the Amex. Where would the best place for that to be situated then? As far away from Falmer station as possible I'd have thought.
      I'd suggest an elevated track which curves around The Amex. With stops at WSU and ESU. Then have slides at the ends of the platforms for those who want to go to the lower levels.
      Abso-bloody-exactly
    • #96

      1 Not allowed!
      I haven't read through every comment on here, but are people actually putting forward actual suggestions and having petty arguments with each other?

      Can't we all just get along and quote the Simpsons like grown adults...
    • #97

      0 Not allowed!
      I propose teleporting
    • #98
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      5,716


      0 Not allowed!
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  506.7 KB
      Also help with the roses
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS
    • #99
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      34,564


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


      What is your point? Many disabled people need to be able to use a car for their independence, so banning cars from the city would make things harder for them. Why are you arguing with that?
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
    • #100
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      35,983


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What is your point? Many disabled people need to be able to use a car for their independence, so banning cars from the city would make things harder for them. Why are you arguing with that?
      THPP has already pointed out that the buses are fully equipped to take wheelchairs, a lowering platform for those who aren't so sprightly, and bus passes for the elderly.
      As I'm retired, I pop into Brighton or Eastbourne quite often, and see many disabled people happily using the buses.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •