Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transport in Brighton TIME FOR A UNDERGROUND SYSTEM.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Over ground transport (Bus and cars ) killing the city with Pollution.We need a Metro line from City Centre to the Amex and Race course back to along Sea front then upround Weston road to serve shopping then the station and Lewes road.

Yoda

English & European
af1720ff21673bafb8f0a98a8198435e.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]962639846996152320[/tweet]

[tweet]962735881382744066[/tweet]

DVNR4QrX0AI9WtX.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pedestrianise everything from Withdean to the sea life centre and from Hove Lagoon to the marina. Make more cycle paths, and get a tram set up. Hopefully allowing pedestrian access to Dixons.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Having seen how the trams work in both Manchester and Brum this season can't hep but wonder if it is possible for it to be looked into for Brighton and Hove.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Given that Brighton is so hilly an underground won't work. (Same reason all the cycling initiatives have been failures). I'd pedestrianise the whole city centre and build out-of-town park 'n' ride sites for the visitors, given that trains alone can't cope with the volume. Won't happen of course, so rather like the 'safe standing' debate we're stuck with the hybrid current situation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given that Brighton is so hilly an underground won't work. (Same reason all the cycling initiatives have been failures). I'd pedestrianise the whole city centre and build out-of-town park 'n' ride sites for the visitors, given that trains alone can't cope with the volume. Won't happen of course, so rather like 'safe standing' debate we're stuck with the hybrid current situation.

Cycling initiatives fail because they are half arsed, poorly funded and done as last resort to spend funding before it is taken back by central government.

Just painting a couple of miles of tarmac isn't a holistic approach to genuine 21st century transportation issues.

Oct 25, 2003
I designed an underground/light rail network for the “greater Brighton” area one time when I was off sick. It had 3 “lines”- one coming from the west (Worthing) into central Brighton; one coming from the east (Newhaven) into central Brighton and one linking the Brighton & Hove suburbs with the city centre

It looked great but in reality, due to how hilly the area is it’s unworkable- it’s a similar situation in Newcastle where they have the decent “Metro” which covers Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and other areas of Tyneside but has zero coverage of West Newcastle- a fairly densely populated area- as it’s too hilly

I also thought of some sort of rapid ferry system which could run from Littlehampton to Newhaven with stops along the way (Shoreham, Palace Pier, Brighton Marina etc)

But also-Monorail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I fear the cost of a monorail system would be too prohibitive, so I'd like to propose a Zeppelin shuttle service from (say) the Old Steine to the Amex. History has shown that nothing can possibly go wrong with a Zeppelin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here