Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saints have 7 away games.......

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Including 4 out of the next 5.

Yet are still. 4/1 or even 5/1 to be relegated. Am I missing something here. They look nailed on to me.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Including 4 out of the next 5.

Yet are still. 4/1 or even 5/1 to be relegated. Am I missing something here. They look nailed on to me.

I thought that they looked terrible yesterday, devoid of any confidence whatsoever and certainly not #together on or off the pitch. Getting pelters from the stands.
That price though is probably reflective of the fact that 5 of their next 6 games games are against the teams around them ( and us)
I agree with you though, them and WBA for me and then any one from a possible six.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Last 6 games of season against top half teams. Second worst number of games won 5. 11/2 taken by me.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Its a lot harder playing teams around you at this stage of the season. West Brom, Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and West Ham it’s win win for us. They win it stops those teams getting points. They lose they stay below us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a flutter on Watford to go down before their game with Chelsea and then the same with Newcastle prior to their win over Utd. That’s me done now.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I'll be surprised if they are one of the 3 come the end of the season, they should have more than enough to survive

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Slightly bizarre how they have such an imbalance between home and away. Their games in March look interesting:

Stoke at home, then Newcastle, Swansea and West Ham away.

Then they start April with another away game! (Arsenal)

I have to say - and this is very dangerous - there's a real chance they could finish below us!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slightly bizarre how they have such an imbalance between home and away.

They played West Ham at home early in the season when it should have been away, but West Ham's stadium was still being put back together after another running and jumping contest there.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Its any 3 clubs from about 10. It could easily be us and we will think about all those silly points we dropped .

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The next round of premier league matches are as follows:
Leicester v Stoke
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Brighton v Swansea
Burnley v Southampton
Liverpool v West Ham
West Brom v Huddersfield
Watford V Everton
Leicester, Brighton, Burnley, Liverpool, and Everton wins would suit us.
Draws between Bournemouth v Newcastle and West Brom v Huddersfield though a west brom win wouldn't be too disastrous either.
All quite feasible!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I bet most Saints fans are not so confident. I think they are gone.

The ones next to me walking out of the ground when we were there seemed pretty confident, were absolutely sure they would finish above us (we have no fair in front of goal or some such). Let’s see

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I often wonder if i'm missing something Bournemouth now 40/1 or even 50/1 with some bookies to be relegated, and only 3 points above us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I often wonder if i'm missing something Bournemouth now 40/1 or even 50/1 with some bookies to be relegated, and only 3 points above us

Indeed. If the Chelsea players hadn't been stropping at Conte and strolled to a routine 2-0 over Smug Eddie's lot that night, we'd be above them right now.

Edit: ...however, with Newcastle at home next up they are highly likely to be on 34 points with 10 games to go. That would take some stuffing up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I had a flutter on Watford to go down before their game with Chelsea and then the same with Newcastle prior to their win over Utd. That’s me done now.
You know what you have to do before the Arsenal game then.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Problem is so many sides this year and even previous years have looked “gone” but pick up some results and are suddenly safe
Palace were supposedly gone early season picked up
Bournemouth were next but are now 40/1 to go down
Swansea looked a joke a few weeks back and are now out the relegation zone
WBA are doing a good impression currently at looking gone but can see them picking up a win at the weekend after the cup potentially clawing themselves back into it a bit.
Even going back in seasons Sunderland managed 2 miracle escapes from the jaws of almost impossibility
Palace did the same one year.
For that reason alone and the fact they actually have some decent players especially in midfield I wouldn’t be writing them off just yet. Yes it looks tough and they were poor 2nd half yesterday but Liverpool are a good side, their away form is better than Home and if Austin stayed fit or comes back to fitness they may actually have a goal threat

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here