Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need these teams playing top 6 sides, where their average points will be below 1 per game.
    But a surprise win against a top 6 and it breeds confidence that can take sides on a run. Look at who Swansea have been beating! The 1-0 win at home to Liverpool seemed to kick-start everything.
    "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It's alright for some.
      They have international finance passionately committed to their club, even in China.

Name:  7391632.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  320.5 KB

While we have to slum it with some well dressed hobo scabbing Pringles at a train station

Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Mr Bloom has all that, and he's willing to share some of the info if you deposit £1m.
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Ah yes, Mr Bloom with his statistical office up in Camden! He's the man for the job!
      Not anymore he doesn't (sort of).

Perhaps at the behest of the PL or FA, Tony Bloom (and all of his associates on the Albion board - Mark Sugarman, etc) have all stepped away from Star Lizard Consultancy recently. Bloom no longer has any stake in it - but remains a Star Lizard customer.
      Stand or Fall

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poyningsgull View Post
      Including 4 out of the next 5.

Yet are still. 4/1 or even 5/1 to be relegated. Am I missing something here. They look nailed on to me.
      Shit never sticks to them for some reason, take the value and have a bet.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      The next round of premier league matches are as follows:
      Leicester v Stoke
      Bournemouth v Newcastle
      Brighton v Swansea
      Burnley v Southampton
      Liverpool v West Ham
      West Brom v Huddersfield
      Watford V Everton
      Leicester, Brighton, Burnley, Liverpool, and Everton wins would suit us.
      Draws between Bournemouth v Newcastle and West Brom v Huddersfield though a west brom win wouldn't be too disastrous either.
      All quite feasible!
      Cutting WBA adrift would mean 2 from 10 rather than 3 from 11 so WBA should lose.

Im not looking at points or fixtures. Top teams may not have anything to play for at end of season. Im looking at injury lists and possible basket cases, so Palace, Stains and beginning to look like Brom.
      A sudden managerial flounce may help, I wouldn't shed any tears if Moyes left and wet spam tanked.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      Not anymore he doesn't (sort of).

Perhaps at the behest of the PL or FA, Tony Bloom (and all of his associates on the Albion board - Mark Sugarman, etc) have all stepped away from Star Lizard Consultancy recently. Bloom no longer has any stake in it - but remains a Star Lizard customer.

Well now that's interesting.

Presumably the fact that just under half the teams in the Premier League have prime shirt sponsorship deals with online gambling firms (Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Everton, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, for the record) isn't an issue then.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Well now that's interesting.

Presumably the fact that just under half the teams in the Premier League have prime shirt sponsorship deals with online gambling firms (Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Everton, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, for the record) isn't an issue then.

I don't know for a fact that there was any such pressure that forced Bloom to cut those ties. Just speculating as to the reason.
      Stand or Fall

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      But a surprise win against a top 6 and it breeds confidence that can take sides on a run. Look at who Swansea have been beating! The 1-0 win at home to Liverpool seemed to kick-start everything.
      Sure a relegation rival might get a result against a top 6 side, but if they all play each other they will be averaging over a point a game each, that's a certainty, and not good news for us. I've been expecting our required total to be 36 or 37 points, but now I'm beginning to think we'll need nearer 40.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!

I don't know for a fact that there was any such pressure that forced Bloom to cut those ties. Just speculating as to the reason.
      I also don't know, but I'd guess that if Bloom didn't want to sell his part then it would take more than just a bit of pressure. There'd need to be a legal reason, and I'm not sure there is.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!

Ah righto

I did spy, when I went to check the numbers for that stat, that our shirt sponsorship deal with Amex is, jointly with Huddersfield, by some distance the lowest value shirt deal in the Premier League.

Even Bournemouth are getting about three times as much as we are (ours is supposedly £1.5m per season) for the space on the front of their shirts. I wonder when our existing agreement is due for renewal.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.