Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saints have 7 away games.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Including 4 out of the next 5.

Yet are still. 4/1 or even 5/1 to be relegated. Am I missing something here. They look nailed on to me.
They only have to catch up 2 points on us (better GD). They play 2 of the top 6, we play 5.

It's going to be nerve-wracking for a bunch of teams.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its a lot harder playing teams around you at this stage of the season. West Brom, Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea and West Ham it’s win win for us. They win it stops those teams getting points. They lose they stay below us.
I'm trying to work out whether playing each other is good or bad for us. Based on the odds of those games being drawn, the average amount of points each team will get = 1.2 per game.
That's not good.
We need these teams playing top 6 sides, where their average points will be below 1 per game.
If the relegation fighters share the points around, we're in deep shit, because we won't pick up much in our 5 games against the top 6. We need a few teams to get a chunk less than their share.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm trying to work out whether playing each other is good or bad for us. Based on the odds of those games being drawn, the average amount of points each team will get = 1.2 per game.
That's not good.
We need these teams playing top 6 sides, where their average points will be below 1 per game.
If the relegation fighters share the points around, we're in deep shit, because we won't pick up much in our 5 games against the top 6. We need a few teams to get a chunk less than their share.

We need someone to work out statistically, all the remaining results based on home and away form, head to head, league position, goals scored per game, clean sheets, injuries to key players, player averages, bogey teams, how the opposition has done against newly promoted teams, if the next match is more important (ie champions league, fa cup) the world cup (to avoid injuries), and then factor in the odd upset, the one team that finds an amazing run of form, and the odd beach ball coming on to the pitch..don't forget the beach ball! Then will will get some answers!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need someone to work out statistically, all the remaining results based on home and away form, head to head, league position, goals scored per game, clean sheets, injuries to key players, player averages, bogey teams, how the opposition has done against newly promoted teams, if the next match is more important (ie champions league, fa cup) the world cup (to avoid injuries), and then factor in the odd upset, the one team that finds an amazing run of form, and the odd beach ball coming on to the pitch..don't forget the beach ball! Then will will get some answers!
Mr Bloom has all that, and he's willing to share some of the info if you deposit £1m.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

But a surprise win against a top 6 and it breeds confidence that can take sides on a run. Look at who Swansea have been beating! The 1-0 win at home to Liverpool seemed to kick-start everything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's alright for some.
They have international finance passionately committed to their club, even in China.

7391632.jpg

While we have to slum it with some well dressed hobo scabbing Pringles at a train station

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Mr Bloom has all that, and he's willing to share some of the info if you deposit £1m.

Ah yes, Mr Bloom with his statistical office up in Camden! He's the man for the job!

Not anymore he doesn't (sort of).

Perhaps at the behest of the PL or FA, Tony Bloom (and all of his associates on the Albion board - Mark Sugarman, etc) have all stepped away from Star Lizard Consultancy recently. Bloom no longer has any stake in it - but remains a Star Lizard customer.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The next round of premier league matches are as follows:
Leicester v Stoke
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Brighton v Swansea
Burnley v Southampton
Liverpool v West Ham
West Brom v Huddersfield
Watford V Everton
Leicester, Brighton, Burnley, Liverpool, and Everton wins would suit us.
Draws between Bournemouth v Newcastle and West Brom v Huddersfield though a west brom win wouldn't be too disastrous either.
All quite feasible!

Cutting WBA adrift would mean 2 from 10 rather than 3 from 11 so WBA should lose.

Im not looking at points or fixtures. Top teams may not have anything to play for at end of season. Im looking at injury lists and possible basket cases, so Palace, Stains and beginning to look like Brom.
A sudden managerial flounce may help, I wouldn't shed any tears if Moyes left and wet spam tanked.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Not anymore he doesn't (sort of).

Perhaps at the behest of the PL or FA, Tony Bloom (and all of his associates on the Albion board - Mark Sugarman, etc) have all stepped away from Star Lizard Consultancy recently. Bloom no longer has any stake in it - but remains a Star Lizard customer.

Well now that's interesting.

Presumably the fact that just under half the teams in the Premier League have prime shirt sponsorship deals with online gambling firms (Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Everton, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, for the record) isn't an issue then.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well now that's interesting.

Presumably the fact that just under half the teams in the Premier League have prime shirt sponsorship deals with online gambling firms (Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Everton, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, for the record) isn't an issue then.

:shrug:

I don't know for a fact that there was any such pressure that forced Bloom to cut those ties. Just speculating as to the reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But a surprise win against a top 6 and it breeds confidence that can take sides on a run. Look at who Swansea have been beating! The 1-0 win at home to Liverpool seemed to kick-start everything.
Sure a relegation rival might get a result against a top 6 side, but if they all play each other they will be averaging over a point a game each, that's a certainty, and not good news for us. I've been expecting our required total to be 36 or 37 points, but now I'm beginning to think we'll need nearer 40.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I don't know for a fact that there was any such pressure that forced Bloom to cut those ties. Just speculating as to the reason.
I also don't know, but I'd guess that if Bloom didn't want to sell his part then it would take more than just a bit of pressure. There'd need to be a legal reason, and I'm not sure there is.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Ah righto :thumbsup:

I did spy, when I went to check the numbers for that stat, that our shirt sponsorship deal with Amex is, jointly with Huddersfield, by some distance the lowest value shirt deal in the Premier League.

Even Bournemouth are getting about three times as much as we are (ours is supposedly £1.5m per season) for the space on the front of their shirts. I wonder when our existing agreement is due for renewal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here