Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 111
  1. #41

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an example of the problems, in a hypothetical situation the Dunk tackle on Adams after the penalty if the same happened on the penalty spot and the ref deemed it a foul would that mean an auto red card.
    Hypothetically it wouldn't have been a penalty. Even if Stephens was adjudged to have committed a foul then it would have been a free kick from that spot! But your point has raised another point.. goalkeepers now don't get an automatic red card, so should outfield players? Is a yellow card and a penalty enough punishment? If it's a dangerous tackle then he should see red, but not just because he is the last defender. Dunks tackle was nothing less than heroic, and l would have been mightily peeved if he had got a red card for that! Perhaps penalties should be one shot only. He scores or he doesn't! Bit like a penalty shot out. Then that would eliminate encroachments!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      66,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hypothetically it wouldn't have been a penalty. Even if Stephens was adjudged to have committed a foul then it would have been a free kick from that spot! But your point has raised another point.. goalkeepers now don't get an automatic red card, so should outfield players? Is a yellow card and a penalty enough punishment? If it's a dangerous tackle then he should see red, but not just because he is the last defender. Dunks tackle was nothing less than heroic, and l would have been mightily peeved if he had got a red card for that! Perhaps penalties should be one shot only. He scores or he doesn't! Bit like a penalty shot out. Then that would eliminate encroachments!
      People saying a goal scoring opportunity should be a red card my point was if the ref deemed that a foul; would it mean a red card. I realize that it wasnt a foul; but some pundits said it should have been and or handball. I was talking hypothetically.
    • #43
      Members withdeanwombat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Somersetshire
      Posts
      8,331


      0 Not allowed!
      How about if a foulee has to leave the pitch for treatment then the fouler should be sent off the pitch until the foulee can return.
      All opinions expressed in this post are my own,and are therefore correct.
    • #44
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,811


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We are talking of changing the rules and if need be the laws.
      Then you need to change the law not enforce the existing as your posts suggests
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #45
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      66,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Then you need to change the law not enforce the existing as your posts suggests
      Granted it was 20 years ago but Ray Lewis told me that technically it was obstruction but there would be uproar from managers if they gave it. FIFA may have made a ruling since then but I still see it as obstructing a player from getting to the ball. if shepherding the ball out.
    • #46
      Members Meade's Ball's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hither (sometimes Thither)
      Posts
      12,917


      0 Not allowed!
      A yellow card for any player keeping their shirt on after scoring. A yellow from a previous game rescinded if the shorts also come off. I'd like to see Maty Ryan chasing Schelotto around the pitch with him just in a pair of jaguar-skin briefs after he scores his first whizzbang.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made
    • #47
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      15,864


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't like throw in's, they're nothing to do with football. Replace it with a kick in which can't leave the ground (or else it's awarded to the opposition), and the oppo have to retreat 5 yards
      What a brilliant idea, 88 minutes of tedium, with most games ending 0-0

      First time the ball goes out for a throw in (or kick in as per your rule change), the opposition team all sprint to within 5 yards of where the ball is to reenter play and form a semi circular barrier. Ball is not permitted to leave the ground, so to avoid losing possession the ball is kicked hard against an opposition player, ball goes out of play, repeat, repeat, repeat...half time whistle, second half starts ball goes out of play, repeat, repeat, repeat.....
    • #48

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Meade's Ball View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A yellow card for any player keeping their shirt on after scoring. A yellow from a previous game rescinded if the shorts also come off. I'd like to see Maty Ryan chasing Schelotto around the pitch with him just in a pair of jaguar-skin briefs after he scores his first whizzbang.
      If l could find a thumbs up emoji, then that would deserve one!
    • #49
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bakers Bottom
      Posts
      24,506


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If a player was badly injured they would want the physio on if not he could get off the pitch himself for treatment without being penalised.
      You missed my point BG. When a player is treated on the pitch, he is then forced to go off and has to wait for the ref to wave him back on. That gives the other side an advantage, so that should be evened out by the player that caused the injury, if it was a foul, should have to go off at the same time.
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?
    • #50

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a brilliant idea, 88 minutes of tedium, with most games ending 0-0

      First time the ball goes out for a throw in (or kick in as per your rule change), the opposition team all sprint to within 5 yards of where the ball is to reenter play and form a semi circular barrier. Ball is not permitted to leave the ground, so to avoid losing possession the ball is kicked hard against an opposition player, ball goes out of play, repeat, repeat, repeat...half time whistle, second half starts ball goes out of play, repeat, repeat, repeat.....
      Perhaps that needs tweaking a little! Ball can leave the ground!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •