Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But there are going to be so many where it's hugely debatable as to whether or not it's a goal scoring opportunity. You need it to be clearly defined. So what would your definition be?
    Defender bringing down an attacker, goalkeeper bringing down an attacker, deliberate handball on the line...you don't need me to explain. Something that the ref feels is an illegal attempt to prevent a direct goal scoring opportunity!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      At the end of the game, once injury time is up, play on until the ball goes out of play...like they do in rugby!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Defender bringing down an attacker, goalkeeper bringing down an attacker, deliberate handball on the line...you don't need me to explain. Something that the ref feels is an illegal attempt to prevent a direct goal scoring opportunity!
      As an example of the problems, in a hypothetical situation the Dunk tackle on Adams after the penalty if the same happened on the penalty spot and the ref deemed it a foul would that mean an auto red card.

0 Not allowed!
      Goats as coalposts
      Sex Panther

0 Not allowed!
      First goal wins.

0 Not allowed!
      Go for 30minunte in-play halves - this will negate time wasting.
      Sin bins for yellow cards - benefits the team who was cheated in that match
      Refs to be miked up - we can then listen to tirades of players (hopefully would empress them so stopping it) and why they have made decisions
      Book any player (apart from captain) who approaches ref or assistants (change behaviour at lower level)
      Instead of penalties do that thing they did in the America in the 70s where player starts in centre circle and has 10 seconds as a one on one with keeper (more skills involved from attacker and keeper)
      VAR to be on screens and discussed list rugby / cricket
      Any player who goes down like has been shot and then miraculously springs up to be banned - it’s as bad as diving
      Physios to go whilst match active - if serious then he can tell ref and match stopped
      Striker allowed to bundle keeper and ball into net - before my time but sounded like a great idea

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by supaseagull View Post
      Anyway, I’d change the match time to 30 minutes each way but stop the clock every time the ball is out of play of the match is inactive.
      Definitely. I think I've suggested this every time any sort of thread about possible rule changes has come up! I'm sure the ref's timepiece could be hooked up to the stadium display screens too, so that fans could see how long was left as well.

I'd do away with that 'phase of the game' bollox part of the off-side rule too, and go back towards, but not all the way to, the old law.
      Last edited by GT49er; 12-02-2018 at 21:40.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Enforce the obstruction rule of players letting the ball run out of play by stopping the opponent getting to it. Indirect free kick awarded
      Enforce the no ground taking on a throw in by awarding the throw the other way.
      An indrect free kick for kicking the ball if it hasnt left the area on a goal kick against the offending player either way.
      As in Rugby the ref calls time when the ball is out of play after the time signal.

The big one Offside only if player is in the penalty area and not from a set piece kick of any description..

If the physio comes on player must leave the field for minimum 3 mins to be examined by a pitch side doctor..
      Your first point can't be enforced as it clearly states in the laws this is NOT obstruction
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      If a player is injured and has to leave the field to be treated, the offending opponent (if they received a yellow card) must also leave the field until the injured player is able to return. If the injured player is unable to return, then the offending opponent can not return. If the injured player is out for XX weeks, the opponent should also suspended for the time the injured player is unavailable to play. It is going to stop all sorts of hacking.

I believe that a linesman should mark where a throw in should take place (using the spray) and a throw in must be taken at that point and that a throw in must be taken by the closest player to the point where the ball left the field.
      A looooonnnggggg way away. My love of the Albion keeps me connected to my roots. If you can easily get to the game....PLEASE don't moan...regardless of the performance or the score, I'd love to see us tonked 5-0, just to see the blue and white stripes.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      Your first point can't be enforced as it clearly states in the laws this is NOT obstruction
      We are talking of changing the rules and if need be the laws.