Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Rule changes - What would you make?

0 Not allowed!
    With the recent Stoke match with the blatant dive that led to the penalty when there was absolutely no threat to our goal, and the consequences that could have been if they had scored, it got me thinking what changes could be made to improve the game! Here's a few...

Do away with penalties in most instances, unless it is a clear attempt to prevent a goal, ie handball on the line, then award a pen. I've always thought that the majority of penalties are given when there is not always a direct threat on goal, the ball inadvertantly hitting someone on the arm or minimal contact when the player is in the 18 yard box running away from goal, yet the consequence of awarding a penalty doesn't fit the crime. Look at Saturdays debacle when the ball was sailing out of play yet the ref awarded a pen for Jese's dive. IF it's a foul in the 18 yard box then award a free kick and have all the opposition on the goal line if necessary! Be quite entertaining!

Also one match ban for diving or 'unsporting' conduct which can scrutinized after a match. Three match ban if it leads to a penalty or wrongful sending off. That should cut out alot of the cheating.

One minute minimum added time for each substitute. By the time some sloths exit the field it's easily eaten up a few minutes. It's blatant time wasting. Book the player who being substituted if he deliberately slows his exit.

Taking the ball into the corner and then shielding the opposition from getting the ball by any means and limbs possible. It's obstruction and time wasting! Free kick the other way!
    Any other ideas?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Smug goal celebrations rather than happy (à la Shaqiri)...6 match ban.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Rush keepers and jumpers for goal posts.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

3 Not allowed!
      Like rugby, if a player goes down "injured" the physio can be called on and the play goes on around them. It would instantly stop a lot of rolling around and time wasting. The game only stops if it's a serious injury. It would also stop strategic head injuries where refs are obliged to stop the game.

Rule changes - What would you make?

2 Not allowed!
      #pedantalert

There are no rules in football, only Laws

Anyway, I’d change the match time to 30 minutes each way but stop the clock every time the ball is out of play of the match is inactive.

Roll on, roll off subs

Ditch yellow cards where and introduce 15 minute sin bins for dissent, foul and abusive language or unsporting behaviour including celebrating goals in front of opposition fans and therefore causing inflammatory situations.

All red card fouls/challenges offences to be reviewed by VAR to remove element of doubt.

Think there are others I thought of but they are my starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A member of the Giles Stille appreciation society

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by supaseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      #pedantalert

There are no rules in football, only Laws

Anyway, I’d change the match time to 30 minutes each way but stop the clock every time the ball is out of play of the match is inactive.

Roll on, roll off subs

Ditch yellow cards where and introduce 15 minute sin bins for dissent, foul and abusive language or unsporting behaviour including celebrating goals in front of opposition fans and therefore causing inflammatory situations.

All red card fouls/challenges offences to be reviewed by VAR to remove element of doubt.

Think there are others I thought of but they are my starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Bethere'tilmidnight
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Stop making goal celebrations bookable so easily

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Do away with penalties in most instances, unless it is a clear attempt to prevent a goal, ie handball on the line, then award a pen. I've always thought that the majority of penalties are given when there is not always a direct threat on goal, the ball inadvertantly hitting someone on the arm or minimal contact when the player is in the 18 yard box running away from goal, yet the consequence of awarding a penalty doesn't fit the crime. Look at Saturdays debacle when the ball was sailing out of play yet the ref awarded a pen for Jese's dive. IF it's a foul in the 18 yard box then award a free kick and have all the opposition on the goal line if necessary! Be quite entertaining!
      So handball on the line, you're giving a penalty. Any other time someone's about to shoot, defenders might as well take them out, at least they'll then have a chance with a wall in front of the goal. Better than letting someone take a shot with just the keeper to beat.

I'd simply have VAR to stop penalties like the one on Saturday. If someone then gives away a penalty when the player was going away from goal, more fool them.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      So handball on the line, you're giving a penalty. Any other time someone's about to shoot, defenders might as well take them out, at least they'll then have a chance with a wall in front of the goal. Better than letting someone take a shot with just the keeper to beat.

I'd simply have VAR to stop penalties like the one on Saturday. If someone then gives away a penalty when the player was going away from goal, more fool them.
      No l said a clear attempt to prevent a goal and merely gave handball on the goal line as an example. Obviously a foul that prevents a genuine goal scoring opportunity would be a pen. The majority of fouls in the box though that get awarded a penalty are not preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by supaseagull View Post
      unsporting behaviour including celebrating goals in front of opposition fans and therefore causing inflammatory situations.
      We cannot ban this one of my favourite things in a game seeing Murray cupping his ear along the crowd. Adds a bit of spice to the atmosphere

A couple of rule changes/reversals from me

- get rid of the yellow card for removing a shirt or over-celebrating a goal

- remove all of the inactive, interfering interpretation from offside and go back to the simple is he goalside when kicked option

- only captain can address an official

- subs made whilst game moving