Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKarate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he is not good value for money.

It is highly likely that there are at least 50 ex-players out there who have sufficient nouse to do an equally good, if not better job and would probably take this on for £500k. Considering a wide supply of potential candidates, there can be no suggestion that he is a unique candidate who needs to be paid that highly.

It's also in no way as challenging a job as being a FTSE100 CEO where you are responsible for the performance of the business and very often at great risk of messing up and destroying the company. He faces few such risks in his role, so his salary should not compare with CEO salaries.
    But....how come he has been in this job for 30 ish years and paid all this dosh? I am in a union. I can vote for the leader. I can get elected on to the finance committee that determines her salary (ours is a woman). Presumably his members think he's worth his cash lake? What business, then, is it of ours? Personally I think he is cautious and ineffective, but on the other hand if he managed the Bosman thing through the courts it would explain his exhalted position among his highly paid player acolytes? But....I don't recall him having anything to do with the Bosman thing. Altogether....a bit peculiar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baker lite View Post
      Doesn’t really matter what We think,as long as His members are happy to pay Him that salary.
      Exactly. And put so much more succinctly than my explanation

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Yes....but....isn't he merely a union leader? What company is he running, and where can I buy shares?
      A union is effectively a private company isn't it? Just not limited by shares but by guarantee.

A £350m turnover private company would pay their chief exec the same levels of pay as those working for a public listed company.

Unite, the biggest union has a £170m turnover and their chief exec gets a total remuneration package of around quarter of a million but you can't compare Unite to the FA. Its make up of members, sources of income and going rates for the job are oceans apart.

The bottom line is that if the members are happy then it's no-one else's business. If they aren't happy and want to pay someone the same as Len McLuskey then you probably won't get too many high calibre candidates.
      My music blog: de-minimis music

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      A union is effectively a private company isn't it? Just not limited by shares but by guarantee.

A £350m turnover private company would pay their chief exec the same levels of pay as those working for a public listed company.

Unite, the biggest union has a £170m turnover and their chief exec gets a total remuneration package of around quarter of a million but you can't compare Unite to the FA. Its make up of members, sources of income and going rates for the job are oceans apart.

The bottom line is that if the members are happy then it's no-one else's business. If they aren't happy and want to pay someone the same as Len McLuskey then you probably won't get too many high calibre candidates.
      Good reply, and I agree with you.

Stand by for a thread on how awful it is how much players are paid, and pop singers.

(ps - my guess is almost none of his members knew what he earns, and perhaps quite a few might start griping. Especially lads playing for the likes of Barnsley, Massive, Leeds and Boro. )

1 Not allowed!
      Saying that I don't much care for the FA. They went for the money and lost their soul and are a large part of the problem of modern football. The creation of the Premier League was hugely detrimental to the rest of English football and devalued the Football League.

And for me even worse, they have devalued the FA Cup in so many ways.

0 Not allowed!
      But....how come he has been in this job for 30 ish years and paid all this dosh? I am in a union. I can vote for the leader. I can get elected on to the finance committee that determines her salary (ours is a woman). Presumably his members think he's worth his cash lake? What business, then, is it of ours? Personally I think he is cautious and ineffective, but on the other hand if he managed the Bosman thing through the courts it would explain his exhalted position among his highly paid player acolytes? But....I don't recall him having anything to do with the Bosman thing. Altogether....a bit peculiar.
      He is probably still there because of membership apathy.

It's no business of ours to assess, but when you ask whether he is good value, I suggest that he is not, because you could employ someone else to do exactly the same job and choose to pay them less and you would get someone just as good. Simple supply and demand rules would enable a salary saving and would put at least 7p per month membership subscription back into the pockets of the millionaire players... oh... now I see where the apathy comes into it.
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

0 Not allowed!
      After hearing him on talk sport with that blonde chap up the road, no way he is worth that amount of money. He couldn't even answer a single question that Prince Charming put to him! Or remember details of a case he was involved in.
      Pathetic but they both are..

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LowKarate View Post
      He is probably still there because of membership apathy.

It's no business of ours to assess, but when you ask whether he is good value, I suggest that he is not, because you could employ someone else to do exactly the same job and choose to pay them less and you would get someone just as good. Simple supply and demand rules would enable a salary saving and would put at least 7p per month membership subscription back into the pockets of the millionaire players... oh... now I see where the apathy comes into it.
      Yes. Bang on. I think we are in agreement. Right, if its that easy to deal with a moderately nuanced issue, surely we can now team up with @Buzzer and . . . . fix Brexit......

1 Not allowed!
      Yes. Bang on. I think we are in agreement. Right, if its that easy to deal with a moderately nuanced issue, surely we can now team up with @Buzzer and . . . . fix Brexit......

We can fix Brexit with a simple poll...

(hides under table)
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

1 Not allowed!
      Yes. Bang on. I think we are in agreement. Right, if its that easy to deal with a moderately nuanced issue, surely we can now team up with @Buzzer and . . . . fix Brexit......:
      Replace David Davis with someone who knows what they're doing and get the EU to replace Barnier with someone who isn't just using this as a way of becoming EU president. Job done.