Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

PFA annual accounts, Gordon Taylor £2,290,276 salary

0 Not allowed!
    Here’s a copy of the PFA annual accounts which reveal chief executive’s Gordon Taylor’s £2,290,276 salary.
    Meanwhile £100,000 spent by the footballers’ union on research into head injury & concussion...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Had someone asked me how much he earns, I'd have taken a stab at £200-300k.

Stunned.

1 Not allowed!
      Name:  agape.gif
Views: 895
Size:  920.0 KB
      "SOLLY MARCH IS GIVING JOHNATHAN GROUNDS A ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE "

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Here’s a copy of the PFA annual accounts which reveal chief executive’s Gordon Taylor’s £2,290,276 salary.
      Meanwhile £100,000 spent by the footballers’ union on research into head injury & concussion...

They were white.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Well, presumably the members are happy with this. And if they are not they are not obliged to join the union. I'm in no position to comment on whether he is value for money. Can anyone comment?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      The guard on the gravy train? Job under threat!

2 Not allowed!
      It never fails to surprise me that people are surprised at how much the top execs earn. A Tesco store manager can earn £150k a year nowadays. The top guys in the very largest organisations are all paid in the millions.

The FA income was £350m which is a little bit higher than the average turnover of a FTSE 350 company. The average salary for a Chief Exec of a FTSE 250 company is £1.5m so he's getting paid more than most of his counterparts in the City but it's still in the same ball park and it's not exactly like for like.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      It never fails to surprise me that people are surprised at how much the top execs earn. A Tesco store manager can earn £150k a year nowadays. The top guys in the very largest organisations are all paid in the millions.

The FA income was £350m which is a little bit higher than the average turnover of a FTSE 350 company. The average salary for a Chief Exec of a FTSE 250 company is £1.5m so he's getting paid more than most of his counterparts in the City but it's still in the same ball park and it's not exactly like for like.
      Yes....but....isn't he merely a union leader? What company is he running, and where can I buy shares?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Well, presumably the members are happy with this. And if they are not they are not obliged to join the union. I'm in no position to comment on whether he is value for money. Can anyone comment?
      Yes, he is not good value for money.

It is highly likely that there are at least 50 ex-players out there who have sufficient nouse to do an equally good, if not better job and would probably take this on for £500k. Considering a wide supply of potential candidates, there can be no suggestion that he is a unique candidate who needs to be paid that highly.

It's also in no way as challenging a job as being a FTSE100 CEO where you are responsible for the performance of the business and very often at great risk of messing up and destroying the company. He faces few such risks in his role, so his salary should not compare with CEO salaries.
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

2 Not allowed!
      Doesn’t really matter what We think,as long as His members are happy to pay Him that salary.