Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xherdan Shaqiri

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetheace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Undoubtedly talented. Bit moody and could do with losing a bit of the timber he is carrying..
    Haven't you heard of the gnomes of Zurich ?
    If we lived in a perfect place nobody would vote Tory.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Yes. He'd find it a real wrench tearing himself away from the local ameneties: the pull of the Potteries Museum, the pub where Phil 'The Power' Taylor practices his arrows, and last but not least Alton Towers.
      Reckon he has had a few of these...

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCLately View Post
      If we stay up (which of course we will) do you think our pay structure will alter significantly? Genuine question
      I dont think so
      Most of the guys are on reasonable contracts and deals. I cant see too much need for summer transfers and the clubs finances (El Pres will know better) arent likely to change too much next season. Sustainability for a season or two and not running at a big loss is what everyone should be after

Just my opinion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCLately View Post
      If we stay up (which of course we will) do you think our pay structure will alter significantly? Genuine question
      Think it will but hopefully not as much as Palace did. I seem to recall a massive increase in their wage bill for 2nd season.
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Medwayseagull View Post
      Haven't you heard of the gnomes of Zurich ?
      Who Killed the gnomes of Zurich ', I'm not buying it on principle.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beanstalk View Post
      The only reason he is at Stoke is because he'd lost his way at the top of the game in recent years. He was clearly Stoke's best player at the Amex and watching on the tele he looked worlds apart from his colleagues on Saturday. I would imagine he'd fit comfortably in to a Champions League team on the continent (Napoli, Roma, Valencia, RB Leipzig etc.) and if he wanted to stay in England I can only see him improving a team like Everton, Spurs or Arsenal.
      If we got him, it'd be a Vicente style coup! (plus we would never pay his wages)
      He is not good enough to get into either Spurs or Arsenal as they both have better already and IMHO the height of his ability is a mid-table Premier side so possibly Everton but I doubt Big Sam would want him. I would possibly pick him above Knockaert but not Stephens Propper or Gross. When they get relegated he and the rest of the Stoke team may have a reduction clause in their wage deal. The one they will lose is Butland and possibly Shawcross.
      Last edited by BensGrandad; 12-02-2018 at 19:50.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Everton were interested when Stoke got him I think, from Inter. I was impressed with his desire to win the game, as much as his ability.
      I think Stoke would want to keep him in trying to bounce back straightaway, he is contracted to 2020, if they don't come straight back, I reckon he will go then.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      I dont think so
      Most of the guys are on reasonable contracts and deals. I cant see too much need for summer transfers and the clubs finances (El Pres will know better) arent likely to change too much next season. Sustainability for a season or two and not running at a big loss is what everyone should be after

Just my opinion
      Of the 25 man squad,

Maenpaa
      Krul
      Rosenior
      Bruno
      Bong
      Hunemeier

are out of contract. ( Sidwell is as well ).

Those that are replaced will be so with players on higher money.

On top of that there could be 3 or 4 sales of other players, also with higher earning replacements in some cases.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Chris seemingly rates every player in the PL highly, by that token we should prepare for a MASSIVE influx of players over the summer ;)
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Van Winkle View Post
      You can call Shaqiri and Charlie Adam what you want but don’t ever call them late for lunch. My god they run like a couple of tugboats.
      I did fear for Dunk when he flattened Adams it could have killed him if his full weight had come down on him.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”