Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Xherdan Shaqiri

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He is not good enough to get into either Spurs or Arsenal as they both have better already and IMHO the height of his ability is a mid-table Premier side so possibly Everton but I doubt Big Sam would want him. I would possibly pick him above Knockaert but not Stephens Propper or Gross. When they get relegated he and the rest of the Stoke team may have a reduction clause in their wage deal. The one they will lose is Butland and possibly Shawcross.

I'm sorry but he would easily slip into Spurs or Arsenal's squads. He's far better than Lamela, probably as good as Lucas Moura and has already won 13 major trophies and he's only 26. He's already played for arguably the best Bayern side ever (winning the Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB-Pokal in a season), had a tough time at Inter, who are a real mess since being taken over by a Chinese investment group, and is now rebuilding his career. If you were at Arsenal you would swap him for Iwobi every day of the week.

Sorry to go all Klopp on you but that you think he's worse than any of our current squad astounds me. He's scored a hat-trick at a World Cup and every time I've seen him in the flesh (admittedly twice) he's oozed class.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sorry but he would easily slip into Spurs or Arsenal's squads. He's far better than Lamela, probably as good as Lucas Moura and has already won 13 major trophies and he's only 26. He's already played for arguably the best Bayern side ever (winning the Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB-Pokal in a season), had a tough time at Inter, who are a real mess since being taken over by a Chinese investment group, and is now rebuilding his career. If you were at Arsenal you would swap him for Iwobi every day of the week.

Sorry to go all Klopp on you but that you think he's worse than any of our current squad astounds me. He's scored a hat-trick at a World Cup and every time I've seen him in the flesh (admittedly twice) he's oozed class.

Calm down, Xherdan.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The guy is an absolute class player there is no doubt about that and being left footed it would bring much needed balance to the Brighton Midfield; however, Stoke are where they are partly because he has not been performing to his ''potential'' often enough.

Would he work as hard as Pascal Gross does without the ball ? he would be expected to if Brighton mover for him and he doesn't strike me as someone who breaks sweat often.

That said. I would take him in a heartbeat into the squad if such an opportunity arose.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Are you familiar with the poster you've quoted? :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is all about opinions and I believe that he is a luxury player that neither Arsenal or Spurs would want. He looks good on the ball but for me he doest do enough to make him a top player that they would be looking for.as I say just my opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People will not let that rest will they as I have pointed out many many times the suggestion of JLS was to serve a means to an end at that particular time when we desperately needed a left back..

All meant with affection, BG.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It is all about opinions and I believe that he is a luxury player that neither Arsenal or Spurs would want. He looks good on the ball but for me he doest do enough to make him a top player that they would be looking for.as I say just my opinion.

I think exactly the opposite - teams like Spurs and Arsenal can afford to have a true luxury player in their squads - enjoy him on his brilliant days, and play another superstar when he's off colour. Its clubs the size of Brighton and Stoke who are at risk if they build their team around a player that doesn't always turn up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Shaqiri so closely resembles Harry Enfield that I’m not surprised he would be on loadsamoney. (One for the older NSC reader there.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shaqiri so closely resembles Harry Enfield that I’m not surprised he would be on loadsamoney. (One for the older NSC reader there.)

Not pleased that this categorises me as an older reader...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
IMHO he stands out in a very poor side but would look ordinary for Spurs or Arsenal or any other top 6 team.

100% disagree.

Better players around a good player, creating more space for him to play in, creating more chances for him to score, making better runs for him to pass to - all add up to a MORE successful player. Do you think he was a big fish in a small pool at Bayern?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
100% disagree.

Better players around a good player, creating more space for him to play in, creating more chances for him to score, making better runs for him to pass to - all add up to a MORE successful player. Do you think he was a big fish in a small pool at Bayern?

He only played 52 games for BAYERN over a period of 3 seasons so not exactly first choice for them so probably more a small fish in a big pool

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He only played 52 games for BAYERN over a period of 3 seasons so not exactly first choice for them so probably more a small fish in a big pool

It's almost like he joined as a 20 year old, and in his first season played pretty much the same amount of minutes to ARJEN ROBBEN... or would you not swap any of our midfield for Robben?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here