Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xherdan Shaqiri

Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reckon he has had a few of these...

Brought back some Oakcakes and local red cheese on Saturday. We had cheese oatcakes with brown Sauce for breakfast yesterday. Nice.
    Dawning of a new era

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      He is not good enough to get into either Spurs or Arsenal as they both have better already and IMHO the height of his ability is a mid-table Premier side so possibly Everton but I doubt Big Sam would want him. I would possibly pick him above Knockaert but not Stephens Propper or Gross. When they get relegated he and the rest of the Stoke team may have a reduction clause in their wage deal. The one they will lose is Butland and possibly Shawcross.
      I'm sorry but he would easily slip into Spurs or Arsenal's squads. He's far better than Lamela, probably as good as Lucas Moura and has already won 13 major trophies and he's only 26. He's already played for arguably the best Bayern side ever (winning the Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB-Pokal in a season), had a tough time at Inter, who are a real mess since being taken over by a Chinese investment group, and is now rebuilding his career. If you were at Arsenal you would swap him for Iwobi every day of the week.

Sorry to go all Klopp on you but that you think he's worse than any of our current squad astounds me. He's scored a hat-trick at a World Cup and every time I've seen him in the flesh (admittedly twice) he's oozed class.
      "Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beanstalk View Post
      I'm sorry but he would easily slip into Spurs or Arsenal's squads. He's far better than Lamela, probably as good as Lucas Moura and has already won 13 major trophies and he's only 26. He's already played for arguably the best Bayern side ever (winning the Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB-Pokal in a season), had a tough time at Inter, who are a real mess since being taken over by a Chinese investment group, and is now rebuilding his career. If you were at Arsenal you would swap him for Iwobi every day of the week.

Sorry to go all Klopp on you but that you think he's worse than any of our current squad astounds me. He's scored a hat-trick at a World Cup and every time I've seen him in the flesh (admittedly twice) he's oozed class.
      Calm down, Xherdan.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The guy is an absolute class player there is no doubt about that and being left footed it would bring much needed balance to the Brighton Midfield; however, Stoke are where they are partly because he has not been performing to his ''potential'' often enough.

Would he work as hard as Pascal Gross does without the ball ? he would be expected to if Brighton mover for him and he doesn't strike me as someone who breaks sweat often.

That said. I would take him in a heartbeat into the squad if such an opportunity arose.

1 Not allowed!

Are you familiar with the poster you've quoted?
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Hiiiiiii-hooooooooooooooo
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Are you familiar with the poster you've quoted?
      Shaqiri is decent, but he's no J-Lloyd Samuel.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Members

0 Not allowed!

It is all about opinions and I believe that he is a luxury player that neither Arsenal or Spurs would want. He looks good on the ball but for me he doest do enough to make him a top player that they would be looking for.as I say just my opinion.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      Shaqiri is decent, but he's no J-Lloyd Samuel.
      People will not let that rest will they as I have pointed out many many times the suggestion of JLS was to serve a means to an end at that particular time when we desperately needed a left back..

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      People will not let that rest will they as I have pointed out many many times the suggestion of JLS was to serve a means to an end at that particular time when we desperately needed a left back..
      All meant with affection, BG.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."