Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Xherdan Shaqiri

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Think our Chris Hughton rates him highly judging by his Stoke post match comments.
Got me thinking, Could we see a bid for his services in the summer if they go down and we remain in the Premier League?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Think our Chris Hughton rates him highly judging by his Stoke post match comments.
Got me thinking, Could we see a bid for his services in the summer if they go down and we remain in the Premier League?

I think there would be a lot of people after him if they went down, I would Imagine his wages are too steep for us though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could do, but we all know that these days the club never sign a player any of us have heard of, unless they've played for us before, of course!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No chance.

Every team outside the top 4/5 would be interested, and he's on £65k a week already - i'd imagine he'd want a hefty chunk more if he was to move too.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
No chance.

Every team outside the top 4/5 would be interested, and he's on £65k a week already - i'd imagine he'd want a hefty chunk more if he was to move too.

Perhaps not if his option was to drop a league down! Not sure he'd fit our work ethic mind

As for his tug boatiness, he's always looked that way - he's just an odd shape - like a Swiss footballing goblin

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The only reason he is at Stoke is because he'd lost his way at the top of the game in recent years. He was clearly Stoke's best player at the Amex and watching on the tele he looked worlds apart from his colleagues on Saturday. I would imagine he'd fit comfortably in to a Champions League team on the continent (Napoli, Roma, Valencia, RB Leipzig etc.) and if he wanted to stay in England I can only see him improving a team like Everton, Spurs or Arsenal.

If we got him, it'd be a Vicente style coup! (plus we would never pay his wages)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No chance.

Yes. He'd find it a real wrench tearing himself away from the local ameneties: the pull of the Potteries Museum, the pub where Phil 'The Power' Taylor practices his arrows, and last but not least Alton Towers.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If we stay up (which of course we will) do you think our pay structure will alter significantly? Genuine question

I dont think so
Most of the guys are on reasonable contracts and deals. I cant see too much need for summer transfers and the clubs finances (El Pres will know better) arent likely to change too much next season. Sustainability for a season or two and not running at a big loss is what everyone should be after

Just my opinion

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If we stay up (which of course we will) do you think our pay structure will alter significantly? Genuine question

Think it will but hopefully not as much as Palace did. I seem to recall a massive increase in their wage bill for 2nd season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only reason he is at Stoke is because he'd lost his way at the top of the game in recent years. He was clearly Stoke's best player at the Amex and watching on the tele he looked worlds apart from his colleagues on Saturday. I would imagine he'd fit comfortably in to a Champions League team on the continent (Napoli, Roma, Valencia, RB Leipzig etc.) and if he wanted to stay in England I can only see him improving a team like Everton, Spurs or Arsenal.
If we got him, it'd be a Vicente style coup! (plus we would never pay his wages)

He is not good enough to get into either Spurs or Arsenal as they both have better already and IMHO the height of his ability is a mid-table Premier side so possibly Everton but I doubt Big Sam would want him. I would possibly pick him above Knockaert but not Stephens Propper or Gross. When they get relegated he and the rest of the Stoke team may have a reduction clause in their wage deal. The one they will lose is Butland and possibly Shawcross.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Everton were interested when Stoke got him I think, from Inter. I was impressed with his desire to win the game, as much as his ability.
I think Stoke would want to keep him in trying to bounce back straightaway, he is contracted to 2020, if they don't come straight back, I reckon he will go then.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I dont think so
Most of the guys are on reasonable contracts and deals. I cant see too much need for summer transfers and the clubs finances (El Pres will know better) arent likely to change too much next season. Sustainability for a season or two and not running at a big loss is what everyone should be after

Just my opinion
Of the 25 man squad,

Maenpaa
Krul
Rosenior
Bruno
Bong
Hunemeier

are out of contract. ( Sidwell is as well ).

Those that are replaced will be so with players on higher money.

On top of that there could be 3 or 4 sales of other players, also with higher earning replacements in some cases.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can call Shaqiri and Charlie Adam what you want but don’t ever call them late for lunch. My god they run like a couple of tugboats.

I did fear for Dunk when he flattened Adams it could have killed him if his full weight had come down on him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here