Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] New Alan Partridge series on the way later this year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks great. Love that they've made it a tad more "realistic" by making him a temporary stand in rather than permanent host. No doubt he will do what he can to undermine the person who's spot he is filling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kiss my face, back of the net!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As good as it was, surely it's been done to death by now. Leave it alone.

Can you not see the comedic potential in Partridge's return to the BBC 22 years after he failed to get a second series of KMKYWAP?

Potentially this could be the best Partridge for over 20 years.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

To be fair, the quality of the output from the Partridgverse is probably as good as it's ever been, and better than a lot of it. Mid Morning Matters was excellent, Alpha Papa was also very good, and both 'I Partridge' and 'Nomad' are great reads, and excellent in the audio book format, as Coogan narrates as Alan.

Bring It On ... I say.

"Buckaroo!"

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, the quality of the output from the Partridgverse is probably as good as it's ever been, and better than a lot of it. Mid Morning Matters was excellent, Alpha Papa was also very good, and both 'I Partridge' and 'Nomad' are great reads, and excellent in the audio book format, as Coogan narrates as Alan.

Bring It On ... I say.

"Buckaroo!"

This.

MMM particularly is among the very, very best of Partridge.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The recent stuff (Mid Morning Matters, Places of my Life, Scissored Isle etc) have been some of the best Partridge ever. The Gibbons Bros. writing team have absolutely nailed the essence of what he is. Can't wait for this.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The recent stuff (Mid Morning Matters, Places of my Life, Scissored Isle etc) have been some of the best Partridge ever. The Gibbons Bros. writing team have absolutely nailed the essence of what he is. Can't wait for this.

Is Armando Iannucci going to be writing for Alan again, or is he too busy making excellent movies these days?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The first 2/3 episodes of Series 2 are peak Partridge.

That episode of him doing the radio play, that gets cut short due to the sex scene, followed by the coverage of the royal visit and him then ad-libbing William & Kate in the bedroom at the end and the episode being finished off with him playing the theme tune to Blue Peter was the possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen, Partridge or otherwise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here