Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 96
  1. #81
    Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    845


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís not to bad, not interested in top 6, so £30 would be reasonable for half dozen games.
    £45 for Liverpool

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Norfolk
      Posts
      2,131


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Circumstances change and lifelong fans and long term bets for fans come from all over. When you get the bug, you get the bug. Newer Premier League or recent Champ ST holders just might be able to afford it now, they might have a young family and now want to / are able to go to the football at weekends again, they might introduce their young children who then perhaps become lifelong fans to the club, they might have moved back to the area after living elsewhere, they might want to take their Dad to the football after seasons away because of health, or personal reasons. No reason to suggest any of those *new* fans might not want to continue supporting the club however things turn out this season or in the future.
      Watching Izquierdo in the last 2 weeks might persuade you to be a Brighton fan. And that might last for life.
      Plenty of Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone veterans likewise can't, won't or no longer want to be Amex regulars. Fair enough. Football takes up a lot of time and £££ and lives change.
      Hard to pinpoint loyalty or commitment purely based on the year you first coughed up for a ST.
      Of course you are right about those factors.It has always been the case that changes in financial circumstances in particular have an effect on money spent at the football. However the club now has 8000 on the waiting list and I would be very surprised if it turns out that even a majority of those are there for the Albion rather than the opposition. Some of them for sure will become lifelong fans regardless of which division the club are playing in but it is my guess that many more will simply fade away following a relegation. This is exactly what happened after 1983. My point is that the club needs to look after those fans that are most likely to stay the course regardless of the level of football and not be distracted by the thousands of premier league fans. A ticket exchange worthy of the name would be a good way of achieving this aim.
    • #83
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      17,507


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Iím not after a crafty deal. Iím a long standing STH who in the past made all games. My work schedule now means for the time being I can not always make games. The club agree with me and have put a ticket exchange in place, you reward loyalty with loyalty. You have helped me decide to keep my ST. I donít fancy giving it up for someone who decided because we are in the premier league they want a ST
      The only informal way to share your ticket is to share with a close friend or family member and split the cost and agree which games you'll see. I do know 3 families who share a 1 adult and 2 u18 tickets between them and agree the 6 games each they'll see. Obviously this is against the T&Cs, but...
    • #84
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,654


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do you really believe that all of a sudden 8,000 peopleís circumstances have changed? Laughable, I can accept that a percentage of that 8,000 are new fans/circumstances changed. The club have not had a waiting list for a number of years and you always get a percentage that give up their ST and then the percentage who come back or new fans which is who you are talk about and in previous seasons thatís not been a huge impact as I suspect itís evens out. So to suddenly have an 8,000 waiting list would point to the fact we are in the premier league. Lets see if that waiting list is as big if we go back down to the championship
      No. Of course the interest in being the Premier League attracts new fans, they want to see some of the best footballers in the world, and yes i guess some have flirted with others. They might not be around forever. They may seek their football fix elsewhere, their interest might fade if the clubs fortunes fade, the Championship or L1 is not necessarily what they're after.. But for many over the last 18 months, their first experience of football, not just adults, might have hooked them to the Albion forever . We all start somewhere.
    • #85
      Members Steve.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      1,777


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No. Of course the interest in being the Premier League attracts new fans, they want to see some of the best footballers in the world, and yes i guess some have flirted with others. They might not be around forever. They may seek their football fix elsewhere, their interest might fade if the clubs fortunes fade, the Championship or L1 is not necessarily what they're after.. But for many over the last 18 months, their first experience of football, not just adults, might have hooked them to the Albion forever . We all start somewhere.
      The facts are that we have an 8,000 waiting list, that will not change all the time we are in the premier league ( it may drop slightly) Therefore they will not ever get a ST all the time we are in the premier league. If we relegated then I would expect that to drop right off should we not be successful in fact I doubt we will have a waiting list. This is nothing to do with new fans itís a simple fact that we are in the premier league and successful. Iím not complaining as we play to full stadiums ( or do we?) depending who we are playing. At the same time long standing fans and STH should get that extra bit of loyalty that comes with supporting the team. As it stands Iíve been told if I give up my ST I have to invest in a bronze membership to guarantee me match day tickets and pay £25 a year for that privilege. I can understand charging new fans, surely fans who have been with the club for a number of years and also with a purchase history should be upgraded for free letís say after 2 years.
    • #86
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      17,507


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The facts are that we have an 8,000 waiting list, that will not change all the time we are in the premier league ( it may drop slightly) Therefore they will not ever get a ST all the time we are in the premier league. If we relegated then I would expect that to drop right off should we not be successful in fact I doubt we will have a waiting list. This is nothing to do with new fans it’s a simple fact that we are in the premier league and successful. I’m not complaining as we play to full stadiums ( or do we?) depending who we are playing. At the same time long standing fans and STH should get that extra bit of loyalty that comes with supporting the team. As it stands I’ve been told if I give up my ST I have to invest in a bronze membership to guarantee me match day tickets and pay £25 a year for that privilege. I can understand charging new fans, surely fans who have been with the club for a number of years and also with a purchase history should be upgraded for free let’s say after 2 years.
      That waiting list will constantly turnover. Every season for whatever reason, you as an example, some fans will give up tickets and those on the list will get them and the others will move forward on the queue. The numbers will stay the same, but the list will become a conveyor belt.

      I see what you're saying on membership, after being a ST holder say for 5 continuous years and you need to give it up, does that 5 years give you 1 free year of Bronze membership as an example so you can continue to get tickets? Doesn't seem unreasonable tbh. Perhaps something to put forward at a forum for consideration.
    • #87
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,654


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I’m not complaining as we play to full stadiums ( or do we?) depending who we are playing. .
      We do. Both the attendance and the tickets sold figures this season are the highest they've ever been.
    • #88
      Members Steve.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      1,777


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We do. Both the attendance and the tickets sold figures this season are the highest they've ever been.
      You obviously havenít been to every game. Palace for instance
    • #89
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,654


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You obviously haven’t been to every game. Palace for instance
      Your point said we play to full stadiums "or do we" by which i meant was some reference to pretendance at our league games or somesuch. Forgive me if thats not what you meant.

      Yes i do recall Palace. Rather good wasn't it.
    • #90
      Downsman One sully's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hurstpierpoint
      Posts
      6,574


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I see what you're saying on membership, after being a ST holder say for 5 continuous years and you need to give it up, does that 5 years give you 1 free year of Bronze membership as an example so you can continue to get tickets? Doesn't seem unreasonable tbh. Perhaps something to put forward at a forum for consideration.
      I donít see why anyone should have to pay to validate their purchase history. Itís just the club fleecing the fans. Getting the purchase history in the first place requires a financial commitment.

      Also, a large number of those ďon the waiting listĒ probably have no intention of ever getting a season ticket. Doesnít having bronze membership automatically put you on the list? If so, I know several long term fans who have bronze membership who are never going to buy a season ticket as they canít get to enough games due to work and other commitments.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •