Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93
  1. #31
    NORTHSTANDER Drumstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Peacehaven
    Posts
    6,816


    0 Not allowed!
    I would also prefer money off next years season ticket instead of shop voucher. A few other clubs do this Iím sure we could too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He goes left, He goes right, past one past two past a third right footed into the corner, weaving run lethal shot!


    Log in

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      6,740


      3 Not allowed!
      With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

      There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

      Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?
    • #33
      Members Steve.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      1,742

      Canceling Season Ticket


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

      There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

      Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?
      How long have we had a huge waiting list, let me think Oh yes since we got promoted. Where we all these fans when Sami was taking us towards league 1. Where we they all when we played Palace in the cup. Do you think it will be long list if we go down. As far as Iím concerned apart from a small minority who have had to give up STs for personal or financial up until the last year I havenít seen a desperate queue for STs. I would add. Why would it be an admin nightmare. The club gets to sell my seat twice, that would seem like a win win for the club
    • #34
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!
      Posts
      4,873


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

      There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

      Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?
      I have to agree with everything you say. But what a STH is ill, or has a wedding or something they consider more important, by not having an exchange worthy of the name, you are actually preventing the non STH from getting a seat via the exchange.

      There will alwya be reasons STH don’t go. I think PB has said before it’s typically around 10% (2500). Personally I would not want to see a non STH denied the opportunity to buy one of these tickets.
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
    • #35
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      12,283


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I donít get to as many matches and Iím at the point of doing away with my ST. The club tell me I need to invest in Bronze membership at £22 a season. My question for non STHs is how easy is it to get match day tickets without membership or do I need to get a membership. I canít see me getting to no more then half a dozen games next season. Anyone got Paul Barbers e-mail as I may be tempted to keep my ST if I could use the vouchers towards my ST instead of getting endless shop vouchers
      Must get a bronze membership. It's then very easy to buy tickets for PL games; just be aware of the availability dates, so that you get to sit in areas of choice.
    • #36
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Norfolk
      Posts
      1,890


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How long have we had a huge waiting list, let me think Oh yes since we got promoted. Where we all these fans when Sami was taking us towards league 1. Where we they all when we played Palace in the cup. Do you think it will be long list if we go down. As far as I’m concerned apart from a small minority who have had to give up STs for personal or financial up until the last year I haven’t seen a desperate queue for STs.
      Agreed, anybody who wanted a season ticket prior to this season could have bought one. This suggests that the waiting list may comprise a lot of tourists who will disappear the moment we are relegated. There are bound to be honourable exceptions but the club needs to do more to reciprocate the commitment shown by those fans who have been there through thick and thin.
    • #37
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      12,283


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have to agree with everything you say. But what a STH is ill, or has a wedding or something they consider more important, by not having an exchange worthy of the name, you are actually preventing the non STH from getting a seat via the exchange.

      There will alwya be reasons STH don’t go. I think PB has said before it’s typically around 10% (2500). Personally I would not want to see a non STH denied the opportunity to buy one of these tickets.
      They said 10% is the total PL no-show figure. My guess would be that Albion's is less at present, simply due to the PL novelty factor, especially at weekend games.
    • #38
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      12,283


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I haven’t seen a desperate queue for ST's
      There wasn't a queue at all until this time last year.
    • #39
      Members Steve.S's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      1,742

      Canceling Season Ticket


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There wasn't a queue at all until this time last year.
      Exactly, so I donít buy this depriving someone on the waiting list of a ticket. Like I said there has been plenty of opportunities to buy one. I get some on that waiting list will have had a ST in the past and for reasons beyond their control had to give it up and now find themselves in the queue. The club have warned me that if I give it up, I will find it impossible to get one in the future. I feel no guilt for the vast majority that have suddenly appeared( again youngsters excluded as they would be new supporters) 8,000 I believe. And to think at the start of last season you could get one.
    • #40
      Sex Panther
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      In the field
      Posts
      5,353


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

      There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

      Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?
      Iíve had the same seat at the Amex since it opened and had a ST at Withdean before that.

      A couple of years ago, I was re-located to the North East and Iíve kept my ST. I probably make it down to a third of matches but Iíve got no intention of giving it up and see no reason why I should be forced to.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •