Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canceling Season Ticket

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don’t get to as many matches and I’m at the point of doing away with my ST. The club tell me I need to invest in Bronze membership at £22 a season. My question for non STHs is how easy is it to get match day tickets without membership or do I need to get a membership. I can’t see me getting to no more then half a dozen games next season. Anyone got Paul Barbers e-mail as I may be tempted to keep my ST if I could use the vouchers towards my ST instead of getting endless shop vouchers

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t get to as many matches and I’m at the point of doing away with my ST. The club tell me I need to invest in Bronze membership at £22 a season. My question for non STHs is how easy is it to get match day tickets without membership or do I need to get a membership. I can’t see me getting to no more then half a dozen games next season. Anyone got Paul Barbers e-mail as I may be tempted to keep my ST if I could use the vouchers towards my ST instead of getting endless shop vouchers
Never ever

EVER

going to happen.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's easy to get tickets so long as you get on the ticket site on release day. Even if you miss the first day (for a big game) it's still easy to get tickets in less desirable parts of the ground. This is with Bronze, I think it's pretty bloody hard to get them without bronze. Not many games have gone on general sale I don't think.

Bronze membership is essential if you want a chance at the big games. I don’t think Chelsea or Liverpool made general sale. Arsenal wil be the next big test as the Bronze period here ends tomorrow.

If you have a season ticket holder mate then there is a 2 day window in which, if there are any left after Bronze memberhsip you can get in before they go on sale to the masses.

For the big games there is also a point threshold plus bronze needed to buy when they first go on sale, but as long as you buy early in the main bronze window you should be fine without having to worry about points. But it sounds like you will do a few games anyhow, so you will prob have the points needed.

£22 is not a bad price for securing some certainty on tickets. There are a few other perks included, one of which is a discounted ticket to at least one home game which will cover over half the cost if you take it. It also keeps you in front on the masses if there is away game availability after us STH’s have had their fill.

It's easy to get tickets so long as you get on the ticket site on release day. Even if you miss the first day (for a big game) it's still easy to get tickets in less desirable parts of the ground. This is with Bronze, I think it's pretty bloody hard to get them without bronze. Not many games have gone on general sale I don't think.

Only Liverpool and possibly Chelsea didn’t make the general sale. I’m not sure if either made the 2 day window for STH’s.

As I just said, what happens with Arsenal tomorrow will be a good test. I expect to see a few singles here and there which will be snapped up within an hour or two when STH’s can buy an additional.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Not really interested in top 6 teams if we stay up next season. Just wanted to see how easy it is to get tickets before I cancel my ST for next season. More then happy with cup games and games against the teams around us, added to the tv games

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I've purchased tickets to Palace [both matches], Stoke, Southampton and Everton this season without bronze membership. Easy to get tickets for all those, admittedly those teams are not top 6.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Only Liverpool and possibly Chelsea didn’t make the general sale. I’m not sure if either made the 2 day window for STH’s.

As I just said, what happens with Arsenal tomorrow will be a good test. I expect to see a few singles here and there which will be snapped up within an hour or two when STH’s can buy an additional.

Did they go to general sale or only on sale to people with a purchase history?

Anyway I personally gauge it by how difficult it is to get two tickets together in the north stand.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
A shame that there is no facility to share a ST, as that would be a solution for you?

Yes and the club have clamped down this season, I have to go through ticket exchange and there is only so much you can buy in shop. It would be better if it could be used against cost of renewing ST

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes and the club have clamped down this season, I have to go through ticket exchange and there is only so much you can buy in shop. It would be better if it could be used against cost of renewing ST

It may be in your view but if looked at this logically you would see that this is just a silly idea and not one the club would ever consider.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

not really fair on those desperate for a ST if you are allowed one to watch a third of the matches and get compensated for the matches you don't watch

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
not really fair on those desperate for a ST if you are allowed one to watch a third of the matches and get compensated for the matches you don't watch

What’s fair until last season we didn’t have a waiting list until it became clear we had got promoted. No doubt if we got relegated that list would dwindle. I’ve paid for my ticket and if I can’t go, the club will resale it and make more money on it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It may be in your view but if looked at this logically you would see that this is just a silly idea and not one the club would ever consider.

Paul Barber has already stated that there's a plan in place for a better ticket exchange which will allow you to receive a monetary payment for allowing your ticket to be re-sold.

Something I never expected PB to state, so I was pleasantly surprised when he did.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I can't justify a ST. So I pay for a bronze membership. Means I know I will always get home tickets.

Away is another matter. Last Saturday was my first and only game this year (Newcastle United was the only other one available to me).

Kylegreen-1

Jan 4, 2018
Near Tunbridge wells
It’s fine as long as you’ve got the loyalty points for bigger games then you can still get to pretty much any game if you get on the website within a day or so of tickets going on sale

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not something Mr Barber wants to hear but i miss 5/6 games and each time pass it on to friends at 30 pounds. Put this towards following years ticket. Not correct thing to do but if i didnt would not buy ST. Wouldnt be willing to pay 700 for 12 games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here